6930 Carroll Avenue
Overview: L.A.C.E.S. which stands for Life And Change Experienced thru Sports develops mentor driven sports leagues for children in need of healing. With Christ as our mentor, and sport as our platform, L.A.C.E.S. champions children to become future leaders. L.A.C.E.S. has mentored over 1500 children many who live in the streets, commit juvenile crimes, were former child soldiers in Liberia, West Africa and Refugees in the United States.
L.A.C.E.S. is seeking a proactive and energetic Communications Coordinator to support the Executive Director and Operations Director in propelling the organization to the next level. This position will offer the right candidate a diverse and exciting operations role in a growing organization. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with superb oral and written communication skills.
- Are you able to balance traditional communication responsibilities while engaging in new initiatives and managing additional projects?
- Are you are the type of person who anticipates needs and enjoys partnering with inspiring individuals to bring about positive change?
- Do you want to be an active and valued participant in the inner workings of an organization?
- Execute communications strategy including newsletters, blogs, website and social media.
- Coordinate fundraising activities, such as the annual gala, luncheons and outreach initiatives.
- Build relationships with soccer clubs.
- Send donation acknowledgements to supporters.
- Present L.A.C.E.S. mission and vision to supporters.
- Help coordinate and monitor L.A.C.E.S. refugee program activities.
- Attend program related conferences as required.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist in grant research.
- Manage donor database and provide highlight reports to the Executive Director.
- Support the team in various administrative tasks that keep the shop running every day.
You get things done. You're a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small and you know how to prioritize your responsibilities.
You are passionate about your work and what it means. You are excited to work with diverse groups of people cross-culturally and want to help build the organization so we can fight for the children we serve globally.
You're independent, self-motivated and committed. You achieve results with little supervision. You aspire to own projects while also following our staff's leadership.
You are passionate about the little things. You have razor-sharp attention to detail and you find satisfaction in being super organized. You have strong oral and writing skills and know that the littlest nuance can have a big impact on others' impressions and that clear, compelling communication can spark long-term connections.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in communications or marketing.
- 2-3 years of previous non-profit experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in presentations to large groups of people.
- Experience in executing online marketing strategies.
- Grant writing experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- 15-20% Domestic and international travel to Liberia, West Africa.
- Proficient in Adobe design software is a plus
Minimum Education Required