152 Sterling Place
Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through Grade 12 college preparatory school of 980 students located in the Park Slope section of New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city; admission to the school is competitive, and both our parents and students value achievement.
The Berkeley Carroll School seeks a dependable and motivated Tech Support Specialist in our Middle and Upper School. The Tech Support Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and responding to Help Desk support requests ranging from printer toner replacements to audio/video setup to troubleshooting all varieties of computer and network related issues. The ideal candidate is capable of assessing and resolving a diverse array of technical issues and has a high level of problem-solving skills. The candidate must be capable of navigating a school environment of 5th through 12th grade students and teachers, interacting appropriately with clients of wide ranging technical comprehension.
Mac, iOS, and Windows fluency a must. Experience with Chromebooks is desired. Faculty and students use Google Apps for Education for collaboration and familiarity with the various Google Apps is essential. Familiarity with Casper for mobile device management is desired.
Our classrooms are all equipped with projectors that are heavily used and together with our AV vendor, the Tech Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring the equipment is operational. Direct contact and follow through with the vendor will be expected.
The candidate may also assist with troubleshooting a variety of network issues — from IP phones to wireless connectivity issues so basic knowledge of IP networking is a plus.
We don’t shy away from change, so a willingness to learn and retain new skills is essential.
After hours support for monthly Board Meetings and Parent Association meetings is required.
Experience working in independent schools or other academic settings is preferred. This is a 12 month position reporting to the Director of Technology Operations.
Typical duties include:
- Provide timely, professional and courteous support to our community.
- Accurately log all support requests in our helpdesk system, maintaining communication with users until request is resolved. Escalate support requests to the Network Manager or the Director of Technology Operations when necessary.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups.
- Assist team members with technology upgrades using Casper and Netboot.
- Rollout new hardware to faculty and staff. Install and upgrade Windows and Mac hardware/software according to department requirements.
- Provide audio/visual support for Smartboards, Apple TVs, flat screen TVs, and projectors, working with our outside vendor if escalation is required.
- Manage laptop, printer, Chromebook and iPad repairs through Apple’s GSX system and other repair avenues.
- Manage equipment maintenance, routine cleaning, service checks & software updates for shared resources (iPads, MacBooks, AppleTVs, and Chromebooks).
Berkeley Carroll is committed to an inclusive program and a diverse faculty and student body. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required