Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Georgia Muslim Voter Project (GAMVP) is proud to announce an opening for an Executive Director. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to continue and expand the work of GAMVP as we continue to grow. This position is for a person knowledgeable about the Muslim community in Georgia and with experience in registering voters in the state.
About the Position:
- Represent GAMVP in public facing activities, including speaking engagements and media interviews
- Recruiting and activating diverse segments of Georgia communities, especially Georgia’s Muslim community
- Oversee GAMVP program staff and interns and act as staff liaison with GAMVP Board of Directors
- Ensure agency operations comply with applicable laws and regulations – especially those related to voter registration policy in Georgia
- Develop and maintain relationships with: partner agencies in Georgia and nationally, local masjids, donors, and vendors
- Develop and maintain agency image and overall guiding principles including internal policies and procedures
- Develop key campaign strategies and oversee their implementation by program staff
- Monitor and develop annual budget for approval by Board of Directors
- Oversee the development of all programs, including identifying goals, budget, and schedules
- Work with board and staff to ensure that the mission of GAMVP is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
- In cooperation with the board, ensure the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, with oversight of Board of Directors
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in political science, marketing, public relations, or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, voter registration policies and procedures for the state of Georgia
- Experience working with Muslim populations
- 3+ years’ experience leading within a nonprofit organization
- Strong work ethic, maturity and accountability
- Proven record of leadership ability
- Ability to work in partnership with diverse communities and partner groups
- Familiarity with U.S. politics and elections
- Licensed driver with insurance and own transportation, clean driving record, and willingness to travel throughout Georgia
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Any questions can also be directed to the above email address. Applications accepted until April 16, 2018.