Program Assistant – (Program Management/Operations)
- Job posted by New Jersey Primary Care Association
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
STATUS: Full-time, Entry Level
Dedication to perform meaningful work around healthcare equality; make a professional contribution in an innovative non-profit atmosphere; willing to learn something new and share knowledge with others; and able to thrive in a collaborative environment built on creative and innovative problem solving.
Bachelors’ degree required. Eager to gain experience in a non-profit organization. Familiarity with healthcare programs for underserved and uninsured populations is preferred. Must be able to periodically travel to and attend off-site meetings.
Exceptional writing skills in varied formats and lengths; excellent verbal and interpersonal communication abilities; must be able to interact effectively with diverse population of clients, funders, employees, employers, government representatives, and others; should enjoy research/information-gathering and analysis, and detail oriented.
High level Microsoft Office skills are essential, including specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access Database.
- Conducts research on emerging health topics and develops briefings, draft reports and correspondence.
- Assists in all internal operations including responsibilities for implementing new processes and approaches to achieve the mission and strategic goals of the organization.
- Assists in operational and administrative policies, standards and practices that advance the organization’s missions, values and goals.
- Work independently to prioritize tasks and complete projects with inflexible deadlines.
- Persuasively present projects from a broad array of program areas.
- Writing and assembling and/or assisting with writing and assembling grant proposals.
- Occasionally assisting with the development of grant proposals to government funding sources.
- Developing messages that will be distributed across the organization.
- Attend state-wide meetings on various healthcare-related topics.
- Provide healthcare community with in person and webinar presentations.
- Assist with planning and management of events.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Minimum Education Required