Administrative Associate / Receptionist
- Job posted by Health People: Community Preventive Health Institute
Details: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
552 Southern Boulevard
About the Organization
Health People began in 1990 as a women’s AIDS prevention and support program and has grown to offer a range of HIV/AIDS services for men, women and families; Type 2 Diabetes prevention and self-care education; and two youth mentoring programs. We utilize a peer-based model, training people most affected by disease or conditions to become peer educators to educate others and advocate for the community. This empowers residents by teaching them how to manage and/or prevent chronic illness and inspires hope, creates jobs, and improves the health of thousands of people in need. More information can be found on our website: www.healthpeople.org.
About the Position
We seek an Administrative Associate/Receptionist who will establish and maintain a welcoming and well-organized office environment and also provide critical administrative support to ensure the smooth operations and program activities at our busy community-based nonprofit organization. Responsibilities are varied and include, but are not limited to:
- Answer the door and phone pleasantly and provide appropriate, requested information to visitors or staff
- Day-to-day office management of facilities, equipment/supply acquisition and maintenance
- Troubleshoot minor IT/computer/program/printer/phone/network issues
- Create, format, edit and distribute documents such as letters, flyers, certificates, and brochures
- Maintain calendar and logistics for meetings and rooms
- Participate in staff and other meetings and organization events
- Assist with program coordination, operations, and data collection/entry, as needed
This position requires an enthusiastic and caring individual with the ability to work well with a variety of staff. The Administrative Associate must be punctual and have the capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. The ideal candidate has:
- High School diploma or equivalency; Associates degree or some college preferred
- 2 years’ experience in an office setting, preferably at a nonprofit or CBO
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, other computer programs and shared networks
- Commitment to working with community members and CBO staff in promoting health and fighting against AIDS and other chronic diseases and their harmful effects
An excellent benefits package is available, including health insurance, vacation and retirement fund contributions.
Level of Language Proficiency
English spoken and written at a professional level + Spanish spoken and written conversational level preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter or email connecting your experience and interests to our organization and the position to: InHouse@HealthPeople.org.