52 Vanderbilt Avenue
Renewal Care Partners (RCP) is seeking an Associate Care Manager to join our growing New York team.
RCP provides holistic, direct care services to older adults living at home. We also provide sensitive and affirming care to clients of all ages, backgrounds, races, religions, sexual orientations, and cultures. Renewal Care Partners was the first long-term care services provider founded with a special mission to serve the LGBT community. We also proudly employ staff from diverse backgrounds.
As a member of our Client Services team, you'll have the unique opportunity to develop management and leadership skills while making a difference in the lives of others. Working in an entrepreneurial environment with high-growth potential, you'll have multiple opportunities for promotion as your case load expands.
The Associate Care Manager will play a central role in delivering person-centered care to people living with health challenges and will build and maintain strong relationships with clients, their families, and other staff members.
By understanding clients’ needs and the skills and preferences of staff, the Associate Care Manager will manage client relationships, assign staff to clients and schedule programs of care and will also help monitor the provision of services and resolve issues that may arise.
- Serves as direct report for direct care workers (Care Partners). Ensures that Care Partners are adequately prepared to provide excellent services to clients.
- Manages client case load under supervision of Senior Care Manager
- Ensures that case assignment, case management, and services provided are appropriate, adequate, coordinated, and consistent with a client’s Plan of Care and medical orders.
- Serves as main point of contact for logistical issues and concerns for clients, Care Partners, and other stakeholders; primary responsibility for ensuring client satisfaction.
- Coordinates with health professionals and other stakeholders to ensure clients receive excellent care, advocating for clients when needed.
- Maintains open, constructive & balanced lines of communication with clients, their families, Care Partners, and other RCP staff.
- Conducts routine client visits to ensure safety of clients and staff in the home or other environment in which services are provided. Ensures clients' families, stakeholders and Care Partners receive regular updates on clients’ health on a timely basis.
- Maintains client records according to policies and procedures, completing any necessary documentation accurately and efficiently. Ensure prompt processing of any necessary paperwork.
- Establishes rapport with clients and care partners, providing training and emotional support as necessary.
- Participates in the recruitment and training of Care Partners.
- Participates in the On-call Schedule.
- Establishes expertise in long-term care, with a special focus on Alzheimer’s/dementia and aging in place; keep current on new thinking and innovations in caregiving, educating managers on leading practices. Attend seminars, conferences, workshops, and self-studies in areas that will enhance position (e.g. communication, geriatric care).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be qualified for this position
- Outstanding customer service skills; passionate about serving others
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work successfully under pressure
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Comfortable working independently
- Analytical thinker; able to proactively anticipate problems and solve them independently
- Strong clinical judgment
- Flexible / team player
- Able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Maintains a high level of integrity and discretion at all times
- Proficient in desktop software and applications; able to learn new software applications as needed
- Familiar with basic medical terminology and concepts used in geriatrics / home care
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree is required; preference for candidates with graduate degrees in health or human services-related fields (e.g., M.S.W., M.P.H., master’s degrees in social work, counseling or psychology).
- At least 1 to years’ experience in social services, health care administration, and / or geriatrics
- Prior transferable experience in customer service, logistics / operations, or human resources is a plus.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- All persons hired are subject to a background check, including a drug test and/or medical exam, both upon hire and at any time upon request for any reason while employed by Renewal Care Partners.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Renewal Care Partners also offers a competitive benefits program, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement savings program with matching contributions.
About Renewal Care
Renewal Care is a rapidly-growing social enterprise that provides holistic healthcare services to older adults and people living with chronic health conditions. Our team includes registered nurses, certified home health aides, companions, care managers, and other professionals. Our mission is to bring renewed well-being and freedom to people giving and receiving long-term care.
To apply please visit:
Minimum Education Required