Full Time Temporary
** This is a temporary grant funded position until June 30, 2020. **
Case Managers are responsible for providing social services through direct assistance and referrals to Adult Learning customers with a focus on reducing barriers to participating in Queens Library instructional offering. Case Managers are responsible for creating and maintaining case files and case notes, as well as all resources and referrals; and are responsible for the overall operations of case management related to each Adult Learning Centers’ programming and operations. Case Managers report to the Center Manager and/or the Director of Adult Learning, and he/she will manage and coordinate all aspects of Adult Learning customers attaining primary, secondary and other outcomes.
Case Managers are responsible for linking individuals and families to social, economic and health services for targeted communities. Case Managers are also responsible for tracking progress, collecting data and documenting outcomes for reporting purposes. Case Managers maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature and participates in continuing education activities to remain knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise and to meet changing customer needs. The Case Manager in this position will be responsible for working with immigrant families at Elmhurst Adult Learning Center and Community Library.
With the overall goal of identifying, predicting and mitigating barriers to educational, workforce and economic goals, and thus enabling customers to participate in educational and employment services, the Case Manager:
- Performs needs assessments and sets educational and employment goals with all customers at the beginning, middle, and end of each session (at minimum).
- Follows up with all customers on a regular basis to update needs assessments and assess progress on goals set.
- Determines social service needs, screens for benefits, assists with applications, and makes referrals as necessary.
- Provides individualized case management services and support to customers including:
- Regularly meets with customers individually to provide short-term interventions, advisement, and appropriate referrals.
- Assists individuals with navigating complex systems including healthcare, social services, education, and financial systems.
Workshops and Instruction
- Conducts appropriate social and educational workshops to provide general and situational-specific information to customers.
- Works with external organizations to provide workshops on topics not within case manager’s areas of expertise.
Data & Outcomes Management
With the overall goal of tracking customer progress and outcomes, the Case Manager:
- Documents and tracks all interactions with customers through case notes and other tools according to timeline set by supervisor and/or funding specifications.
- Follows up with customers on a regular basis to assess progress on goals and records customer outcomes in appropriate systems.
- Maintains program statistical data as required by funding requirements and program standards.
- Manages the collection and distribution of program outcomes statistical data for reporting purposes, including adherence to program standards and government contract reporting.
Outreach, Partnerships and Referrals
- Develops and maintains strong community based partnerships with organizations that can serve as referral partners to meet the needs of students.
- As appropriate, attends community meetings, special events, and other social collaborative opportunities to develop and maintain those partnerships.
- Based on the needs of customers, makes referrals to partner organizations, documents those referrals in case notes, and follows up with customers and organizations to make sure customers’ needs are being met and that outcomes are being achieved.
- Performs other duties as required.
The schedule for this position includes some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services or a related field required.
- A minimum of 1 year of case management experience is required.
- Must be able to work with a diverse population.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and databases such as MS Access, ASIST, etc.
- Must be able to effectively multitask and maintain a high level of customer service skills.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with adults and families or social service agencies preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to: QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “Case Manager, Elmhurst ALC – EXTERNAL” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.