475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Porter – The Muhlenberg Residence
REPORTS TO: Senior Maintenance Worker
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time
The Muhlenberg Residence is a 24-hour supportive housing program serving extremely vulnerable individuals, including people with histories of homelessness and/or mental illness. As a valued member of the Muhlenberg’s Maintenance team, the Porter helps keep The Muhlenberg Residence in excellent condition at all times, promoting well-being and quality of life for the residents.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintains the interior and exterior of The Muhlenberg Residence at the highest standard of excellence.
- Sweeps and mops interior spaces, maintains wood floors, vacuums carpeted areas.
- Completes janitorial work, including but not limited to:
- Trash removal;
- Cleaning bathrooms/refilling bathroom items;
- Cleaning kitchens, hallways, stairwells, and other common areas;
- Cleaning offices;
- Cleaning storage and machinery rooms.
- Keeps sidewalks and other exterior areas clean and free of debris.
- Performs seasonal tasks such as shoveling snow, salting/sanding sidewalks.
- Performs minor repairs, such as fixing leaky faucets, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Identifies larger repair needs; generates work orders for the Maintenance team.
- Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, and ethics, and upholds agency Code of Conduct at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 years as Porter/Janitor.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Conscientious; excellent work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of health, cleanliness, security, and safety issues pertaining to building maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain professional boundaries with residents while demonstrating respect and acceptance of people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
- Strong time management skills.
- Willing to accept feedback and work with supervisor to grow professionally and develop job skills.
- Flexible, available to work some holidays and weekends.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All cover letters and resumes can be submitted to the hiring supervisor, Rachel Bleecker, with “Porter” in the subject line:
[with " Porter " in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----