The Midnight Mission, located in the heart of Los Angeles and serving the homeless community since 1914, is searching for a dedicated, reliable and organized team player with a great work ethic to assume a key role in our Development Department.
An integral part of our fundraising and community engagement efforts are our special events and direct mail campaigns. The overriding goal of Midnight Mission special events and direct mail is to raise funds and media awareness for our life-saving program services that help homeless individuals and families get off the streets and into housing. The Development / Project Manager is a vital member of our seven-person Development Team.
· Create and manage detailed project management timeline to ensure all events are fully executed and funding goals achieved, along with highest level of participant satisfaction.
· Work closely with all special events committees in carrying out their specific functions so the goals are achieved.
· Ensure all committee member receive appropriate documents in a timely manner, including meeting invites.
· Oversee special event material preparation for board and committee meetings.
· Cultivate and steward event sponsorship accounts as assigned
· Work closely with our Public Affairs Department to assure appropriate media coverage at fundraising events.
· Conduct post-event evaluation and follow up.
· Prepare and manage all purchase orders for Special Events and Annual Giving, while ensuring expenditures are within approved budgets.
· Assist with the preparation of income and expense budgets and cash flow projections,
· Prepare all required RFP’s in a timely manner and ensure all expense items over $1,000 have a minimum of three bids.
· Secure auction items for various special events throughout the year.
· Ensure the interdepartmental dependencies are explained, respected, coordinated and met.
· Act as staff liaison for The Midnight Mission’s new Young Professionals group, including marketing materials, membership and regular meetings.
· Ensure Direct Mail timelines are adhered to as established in partnership with Mail House.
· Manage the printing of all brochures, letters and collateral documents with Mail House within deadlines
· Manage all direct mail expenses, while ensuring costs are within approved budget.
· Create online ads, sliders and touts to support Direct Mail and Online Campaigns, while working closely with Public Affairs.
· Monitor all Direct Mail gifts to ensure they are posted accurately, including package and appeal codes.
· Identifies, cultivates, solicits donations from, and maintain relationships with new and existing Direct Mail accounts.
· Create, manage and promote all peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, as appropriate.
· Ensure the proper acknowledgement all donors within 48 hours of gifts posted into RE, adhering to TMM’s standard ROI practices, including social media recognition, press releases, thank you calls and personalized notes, as appropriate.
· Ensure all reporting and tracking of annual giving donors and prospects.
· Ensure donors stewardship policies and behaviors are properly adhered to within all direct mail and online giving donors.
· Manage monthly thank-a-thon with programs department, along with board thank you calls. Including the proper tracking in RE.
· Foster and nurture long-term, meaningful relationships between The Midnight Mission and Annual Giving donors.
· Ensure the execution of annual fund development plan and board approved Goals & Objectives are achieved within appropriate timelines.
· Oversee Raiser’s Edge database particularly ensuring accuracy of data, including input and output, track gifts/financial, biographical information and all other gift processing procedures.
Divisional & Organizational Responsibilities
· Establish and cultivate strong working partnerships with internal departments and outside organizations.
· Ensure that interdepartmental dependencies are clearly defined, explained, respected, coordinated, and met.
· Produce various reports for staff, committees and board of directors.
· Complete various special projects as directed.
· Other duties as may be assigned by Management and/or Executive Staff.
· Must be detail-oriented and capable of effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously under pressure of deadlines
· Proven ability to work independently within established guidelines and within a team environment, including external vendors
· Strong organizational and analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information and develop appropriate recommendations for action
· Must have strong leadership skills to keep employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees/vendors.
· Must have excellent time management skills. You will be working with employees, donors, vendors and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
· Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where the company’s money is going.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a great work environment and an organization comprised of people who care about people. The Midnight Mission is a nonprofit organization that prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.midnightmission.org
Minimum Education Required