The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
Senior QA Analysts must have minimum 5 years’ experience as a Quality Analyst and have spent time collaborating with Dev, Business Analyst, Infrastructure, and Design teams to ensure quality is thoughtfully examined in both processes and technology. More than simply software testers, Senior QA Analysts are team motivators, and strive to encourage all teammates to weave quality into their mindsets and code. The
Senior QA Analyst will examine end-to-end processes in addition to backend testing, ensuring quality is embedded throughout. They will provide input for, and champion system testability and reliability.
They will produce and implement test strategies during the software development process, and will focus
on cross-functional requirements, such as performance and security.
· You can apply your mindset to exploring and understanding other teammates’ perspectives and can foster a common idea of quality with all project participants
· Experience with Agile, code management and deployment strategies
· Solid understanding of best practices such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD
· You are comfortable with different types and techniques in functional testing, including: exploratory, boundary value analysis and V&V
· A basic understanding of testing applications from a security perspective in order to deliver secured quality software to our clients
· A track record of improving quality
· Expertise in software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
· Expertise in test design and engineering (in multiple programming languages)
· Expertise in test-plan documentation and execution
· Proficiency querying databases, Structured Query Language (SQL), ETL procedures
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
· Experience with application security testing is a plus
· Experience with Accessibility testing compliant with ADA
· Experience designing, construction Test Automation Frameworks; Scripting using Selenium in order to Create a WebDriver instance, locate HTML element on a Web page, anticipate browser response to an action, record test results using a test framework, generate and analyze testing reports.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…