Details: Compensation Commensurate with Experience
91 Larkspur Street
About the Organization:
Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment.
We believe everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants to best meet all their unique needs—from putting food on the table, to becoming American citizens, to learning English, to graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, work, and succeed.
The Family Resource Case Manager III is responsible for coaching and guiding clients to attain the outcomes of English fluency, legal status, and education in order to help them break the cycle of generational poverty.
- Focus case management efforts on achieving agency-wide outcomes and continuous improvement of agency performance
- Assess clients in the following areas: income, housing, education, work readiness and immigration readiness
- Assess and document if clients are interested in and eligible for a long term commitment to attaining English fluency, legal status, and/or the next level of education. If so, hold families accountable to their coaching agreements in a respectful and supportive manner
- Monitor progress towards client goals
- Lead orientation sessions for new clients, conduct assessment interviews, facilitate client group discussions.
- Provide bilingual strength-based, client-centered, case management services to clients, including the following areas: information/referral, advocacy, basic needs, public services, consumer needs, medical and dental, financial literacy education, housing, employment referral
- Serve as CA representative at inter- and intra-agency meetings as needed
- Maintain records and data for evaluation purposes
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community agencies.
- Collaborate with Education and Immigration Legal Services departments
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Valid and current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) certificate- strongly preferred OR MSW with intention of obtaining LCSW
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology or Behavioral Science AND/OR
- 3 years’ + experience working as a case manager in social work
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing, preferred
Qualifications- Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in community resources, public social service and assistance programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in casework principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interviewing and record keeping techniques, including the documentation of all actions and contacts in case files
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Highly skilled in active listening, empathy, client centered, strength based case management
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
- Ability to get along with people and establish cooperative working relationships with staff at all levels both within and outside the department
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and e-mail software
- Strong technical skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Salesforce experience – preferred
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees.
By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our staff foster a culture of belonging, safety, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect.
Canal Alliance is committed to the transformation of attitudes and systems that deprive any person or group of these principals.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance. In addition, there are 16 paid holidays annually, a 403(b) retirement plan, a Flex cafeteria plan, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish/English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter. Only electronic applications will be accepted. (Keep it green!) Please indicate “Case Manager III – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email.