8339 West 3rd Street
Enrollment Coordinator / Office Administrator Position
Habonim Dror Camp Gilboa seeks a team member whose responsibilities include two roles: 1) camp enrollment coordinator, and 2) office administrator. Camp enrollment duties include database management, billing, and frequent communication with parents. The office administration duties include the overall business operation of the organization – specifically bookkeeping and fundraising campaign administration. The position requires organizational skills, great attention to detail and excellent communication skills and involves considerable independent work as well as being an effective member of a team.
Time commitment: Flexible hours, 30 hours a week.
Location: Gilboa offices in Los Angeles, with a few visits to the Big Bear campsite during the summer
1. Enrollment Coordination
· Communicate with potential families throughout the process of choosing Gilboa for their children
· Communicate effectively with current families throughout the year
· Manage pre-summer camp communications
· Manage camper registration software
· Process camper registrations, forms and billing
· Issue reports as needed
· Manage the scholarship application and award process
2. Bookkeeping Duties:
· Record cash, reimbursement, and receipts in the accounting system and prepare and make bank deposits
· Pay invoices and reimbursements in a timely manner
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
· During the summer, work with the Technical Director to review and record receipts.
3. Development Support:
· Manage and update donor database and software
· Communicate with alumni about engagement opportunities and update contact information
· Prepare campaign logistics for fundraisers and issue reports as needed
· Process pledges and donations
· Write thank you letters and receipts to donors
4. Administrative Support
· Provide clerical and administrative support to Executive Director as requested
· Collect and file human resource forms from camp staff.
· Assist with administrative tasks related to opening and closing of camp each season.
· Provide administrative support for American Camp Association accreditation process.
· Keep administrative offices organized and stocked with supplies.
· Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized
Education and Knowledge:
- College graduate
- Experience in an administrative position
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and quick to learn data management software.
Skills and Interests:
- Passion for youth leadership development and the mission of Gilboa
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with the different stakeholders; parents, campers, youth leaderships, alumni and the general public
- Demonstrated professionalism and accountability
- Flexible and able to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Camp Gilboa is a progressive Jewish summer camp and year-round community creating vibrant Jewish life for children ages 7-18. Our unique participatory, youth-led model creates a lively, profound and empowering experience, where campers can be themselves, build community, and bring the change they want to see in the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Camp Gilboa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and organizational need, and we are committed to being an inclusive environment for all employees.
Submit a cover letter and a resume to Dalit Shlapobersky, Executive Director, Habonim Dror Camp Gilboa – firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required