1718 Connecticut Ave NW #200
The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) is seeking a skilled, creative, and enthusiastic individual to promote EPIC’s important privacy and civil liberties work. The Outreach and Engagement Strategist will manage EPIC’s social media presence and coordinate the production and publication of new content to promote the public understanding of emerging privacy issues. The Outreach and Engagement Strategist will work closely with other staff members in Washington, DC to communicate effectively with media and readers.
- Spreading EPIC’s message to media, other organizations, lawmakers, EPIC Advisory Board members, and more.
- Maintain, expand, and leverage EPIC’s Twitter and Facebook platforms, as well as EPIC’s presence on other emerging social media platforms.
- Develop long-term social media strategies and campaigns, as well as short term, day-to-day content - all to advance EPIC’s programmatic and organizational goals of protecting privacy, freedom of expression, and democratic values in the digital age.
- Work with staff members to produce and publish messages and visuals across digital platforms.
- Closely monitor privacy and open government developments in the news and closely monitors social media platforms of EPIC Board and Advisory Board members.
- Engage EPIC Board and Advisory Board members with EPIC’s work;
- Help maintain EPIC’s website, as well as affiliated websites (via Movable Type); and
- Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience and a background in online communications.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with current media platforms and be able to communicate effectively and increase readership and visibility.
The ideal candidate will also be committed to EPIC’s mission, be passionate about digital privacy and consumer protection issues, and have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field including government, political science, English, communications, or public affairs and/or equivalent work experience;
- Basic HTML skills (knowledge of SEO a plus);
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, clear and accurate content quickly. Demonstrated ability to produce original, creative content for social media;
- Attention to detail;
- Self-motivation and strong organizational skills; and
- Demonstrated interest to promoting privacy and civil liberties.
EPIC also offers excellent benefits, including health care, dental, transportation, and generous vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, along with a resume and short writing sample, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: April 30, 2018.