1130 NW 85th St
Page Ahead Children’s Literacy Program is the leading provider of children’s books and literacy services in Washington State. We are dedicated to helping children in need succeed in school by developing strong reading skills. A child who is not reading proficiently at the end of third grade is FOUR times more likely to drop-out of school before graduating than one who is. Page Ahead works to break down barriers to achievement for children in need, and is committed to help all children become successful readers.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Manager will spearhead development efforts at Page Ahead. Demand for our programs is growing and we need to increase our fundraising budget in order to keep up. If you are excited about leveling the educational playing field for at-risk kids and would enjoy engaging others to support that change, read on!
- Develop fundraising strategy and set priorities, goals and budgets (currently $1M). Implement a coordinated plan to increase annual fundraising revenues.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations through:
- Annual Appeals
- Grant Writing
- Fundraising Events
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Manage the operation of CRM database, including data reporting and analysis
- Own all aspects of constituent communication overseeing: newsletter, social media strategy, mar/com collateral, and the Page Ahead website.
- Support the fundraising activities of Page Ahead’s Board of Directors
- Professionally represent Page Ahead in the community
- Must understand how to utilize data to plan and make decisions
- Thorough understanding of the prospecting/cultivation cycle
- Deep knowledge of grant writing, from LOI to final reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bonus: Knowledge of local or state budget process
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Must be able to write quickly and well, and enjoy doing so. It will consume approximately 60% of your time.
- Persuasive public speaker/presenter. Must be able to speak convincingly and represent Page Ahead in a professional manner. An ideal candidate will be a great storyteller.
- Skilled relationship-builder
- Effective with time management
- Incredible follow up skills
- Highly organized
- Good manager of people
- Excellent writing and editing skills. This is listed above but it bears repeating—we are a LITERACY organization after all!
- This is not an entry-level position. Please don’t apply if you don’t have at least 3 - 5 years of demonstrated experience successfully approaching corporations, individuals, and/or foundations for financial support.
- Current background in planning and executing special event fundraisers
- Prior sales experience (in any field) desired
- Proven experience motivating and training volunteers, ideally in a development capacity
- Demonstrated successful grant writing experience
Page Ahead offers a competitive benefits package that includes: health insurance, retirement matching, vacation/sick leave, and 11 paid holidays. From our book-filled office in the Crown Hill neighborhood of Seattle, we serve all of Washington State. Some travel will be required.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Page Ahead will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check. If you are selected for an interview, writing samples will be needed. Page Ahead is a scent-free office.
Page Ahead offers a competitive benefits package that includes: health insurance, retirement matching, vacation/sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume AND cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.