11 West 42nd Street
ExpandED Schools works to ensure that students in low-income communities have opportunities to discover their talents and develop their full potential. We give kids more hours in the school day, bring more role models into the classroom, and infuse their learning with the arts, STEM, sports and character-building activities. These are the supports and experiences kids need in order to grow into caring, confident and successful adults. In our first decade, we created the nation’s first citywide system of K-12 after-school programs and leveraged more than $500 million in private and public funds to match the $125 million of our founding grant. Today, we continue to reimagine learning time – in school, after school and during the summer – developing scalable and sustainable models that provide more, quality learning. Since our founding in 1998, we have reached more than one million students and trained more than 30,000 educators and teachers. We:
· EXPAND the school day: Adding 2.5 hours each day; closing the learning gap by 450 hours/school year.
· ENGAGE the community: Bringing additional role models – tutors, coaches, and teaching artists – into the classroom.
· ENHANCE the learning: Balancing the curriculum with arts, sports, STEM and character-building enrichments.
Purpose of Position
Within the Policy and Research Division, the Project Coordinator, Evaluation Services supports the ExpandED Schools Research Department’s program evaluation initiatives with a particular focus on the team’s external evaluation contracts. Reporting to the Senior Program Director, Evaluation Services, the Project Coordinator, Evaluation Services coordinates data collection, maintains evaluation databases and manages technical assistance requests from external evaluation clients, as well as providing administrative and research support to the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coordinate data collection and entry efforts with after-school program staff as part of ExpandED Schools’ external evaluation of 21st Century Community Learning Centers.
· Conduct site visits to after-school programs in New York City and write accompanying observation reports.
· Manage technical assistance requests from program staff and stakeholders, answering inquiries or directing them to the appropriate party
· Maintain data collection calendar and tracking system (via Access database)
· Provide administrative support to department, including processing invoices and reimbursements, and tracking grantee payments and contracts
· Create and maintain research department electronic and paper files and tracking systems
· Oversee scheduling of field research assistants
· Bachelor’s degree required, social sciences or education concentration preferred
· At least one year of previous office experience required, experience with nonprofit or research organization preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required, knowledge of SPSS and Access preferred
ExpandED Schools offers a generous benefits package which includes:
· Paid time off comprising 20 vacation days, 8 sick days, 4 personal days and 12 paid holidays
· 403b retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 5% of annual compensation after one year of employment (no match requirement)
· Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents
· Health, dependent care and transit pre-tax accounts
· Employer-paid life insurance and supplemental disability coverage
· Commitment to work-life balance
· Partial tuition reimbursement offered to employees after one year of service
· Professional development opportunities, including funds to participate in external training and coaching opportunities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Subject: Project Coordinator, Evaluation Services. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ExpandED Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer