Part Time Temporary
Free Press Unlimited (FPU) is looking for an interviewing skills trainer who will lead a workshop for Syrian journalists.
The ideal candidate should have experience and proven track record as a journalist and trainer.
The trainer is required to design and deliver interviewing skills workshops to Syrian journalists in Arabic, using the proper training methods to achieve the required learning objectives and outcomes. The duration of a Free Press Unlimited training is 3 full days.
- Train a group of Journalists on how to prepare and conduct different types of interviews
- Cooperate with Free Press Unlimited in designing professional detailed layout for the training
- Contribute with theory and reference work to support the methodology of the training
- Produce/adjust if necessary the practical components of the learning tools
- Provide the relevant assessment tools that can be used to evaluate the training and performance of the trainees
- Provide feedback and recommendations at the end of training to the trainees and Free Press Unlimited
- Follow up with participants, provide comments and tips on their produced materials for better improvements
We’re looking for an energetic and driven individual with:
- A prior experience working as a news anchor. Exclusive interviews is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an interviewing skills trainer, certified are preferred.
- Knowledge of the Middle East and Arab media sector is a prerequisite.
- Minimum 8 years experience working as a journalist, conducting interviews with various sources for printed, broadcast or digital media.
- Excellent presentation and interviewing skills.
- Ability to engage and motivate trainees.
- Fluency in Arabic, good written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel to Turkey.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate, and recognize weaknesses and strengths of the trainees.
- Good communication and inter-cultural skills; able to effectively communicate with trainees, other trainers and supervisors.
We offer a freelance contract, in a dynamic international environment with an NGOs fair salary based on local standards. Free Press Unlimited uses fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Who we are
Across the globe, journalists and media pioneers have taken it on themselves to supply their communities with objective information. Free Press Unlimited actively supports these professionals in over forty countries, by offering them, among other things, trainings and temporary financial and material aid, and by strengthening their professional capacity. So that as many people as possible gain and keep access to truly vital information. For many people around the world, access to reliable information is by no means a given. Nevertheless, impartial information is of crucial importance to all of us if we wish to survive and develop as human beings. For more information on Free Press Unlimited check our website www.freepressunlimited.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV (preferably in PDF format) before 12 April 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.