12-11 40th Avenue
Long Island City
Founded in 2004, the mission of Urban Upbound is break cycles of poverty in public housing neighborhoods. Urban Upbound advances its mission through five integrated programs: employment services, financial counseling, youth services, community revitalization initiatives, and financial inclusion services anchored by the Urban Upbound Federal Credit Union.
Reporting to the Employment Services Manager, the Employment Coordinator is a sector expert who will conduct job readiness workshops, plan and facilitate training workshops on employment-related topics including but not limited to labor market trends, resume clinics, and interview techniques. This position may require travel to Far Rockaway.
- Executing dynamic recruitment strategies in collaboration with Employment Services Managers and other Youth Pathways team members to attract applicants from the community and external partners;
- Delivering job readiness preparation trainings as needed, including but not limited to creating resumes, interviewing prep, and independent job search techniques;
- Researching and developing industry knowledge in key occupations in order to ensure effective matching of candidates to available job orders;
- Facilitating recruitment sessions for each open job order on a daily basis;
- Screening and matching job applicants based on qualifications and requirements discussed with employer and hiring manager;
- Conducting employment assessments to determine candidates’ job readiness level;
- Following up with members regarding job interviews and employment status and documenting in Urban Upbound’s database;
- Obtaining verification documents from employers and/or members upon placement in a timely manner and using data on a regular basis to manage performance;
- Developing a pool of qualified applicants in advance of hiring needs;
- Researching and developing industry knowledge in key occupations in order to ensure effective matching of candidates to available job orders; and
- Other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director and Urban Upbound leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years in workforce development or related field required
- Strong project management skills, including managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Internet Research, and social media
- Outcomes-driven, strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform programmatic decisions
- Highly motivated, with proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible, with availability to work a weeknight and occasional Saturdays
- Bilingual a plus.
- Passion for social justice
Please note: This position requires time in the field.
Sick. Health. Vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Urban Upbound is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate Employment Coordinator in the subject line.