36-14 35th Street
Long Island City
This person is really the "den mother/father" of Legal Outreach. The position requires a strong presence and personality: someone who can greet students as they come in and relate to them on a personal level but who can also be tough about making sure students sign in, get where they're supposed to be, keep the hallways clear, and otherwise follow the rules. The Monitor will also be responsible for calling parents when students are absent.
Preferred qualities and skills:
- Experience working with adolescents and the ability to connect with them
- Classroom-management or leadership skills and experience
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for our cause
Hours: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.; Monday – Thursday and some Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We will only accept candidates who can come every day.
Start Date: September 10, 2018.
End Date: June 2019. We require candidates who can work until the end of the school year.
Pay: $12+/hour, commensurate with experience and demonstrated abilities. Eligible for Work Study. (Contact your financial aid department.)
Where: Legal Outreach is located at 36-14 35th Street in Long Island City, Queens. You can take the N/Q to 36th Ave. or the E/M/R to 36th St. (12 – 15 min from midtown Manhattan).
This is an opportunity to help transform the lives of inner-city youth with a proven college-prep program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that follows the following guidelines:
1. Attach a single PDF or Word document that contains a resume, 2-3 references, and a brief cover letter.
2. The subject of your email should be "APPLICATION FOR Monitor/Receptionist".