District of Columbia
Manager, Digital Fundraising and Marketing
Department: Brand, Communications & Marketing
Reports To: Senior Director, Integrated Marketing
Direct Reports: Digital Marketing Intern
SOS Children's Villages, one of the largest NGO's dedicated to providing loving homes for orphaned and abandoned children, is seeking a Manager, Digital Fundraising and Marketing to support our digital fundraising activities. The position is located in Washington, DC. SOS Children's Villages believes in a loving home for every child. We build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. As the world's largest organization dedicated to orphaned and abandoned children with a presence in 135 countries including the US, we provide stable, loving homes to more than 80,000 children in over 500 villages. Our medical, education and family strengthening programs impact another 1.1 million people annually.
SOS-USA is developing a five-year plan to increase funds raised in the US to support SOS programs worldwide. We believe that digital fundraising has tremendous potential to support rapid growth of SOS-USA over the next several years.
The Manager, Digital Fundraising and Marketing will support numerous initiatives to further digital marketing efforts and fundraising goals for SOS Children's Villages-USA. They will develop and manage the social media strategy (organic, influencers and paid) and will lead and/or support digital lead generation, acquisition, engagement and retention efforts for one-time and committed monthly donors. In addition, this position supports and coordinates the digital efforts of other departments in the organization. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing and collaborates closely with the Brand, Communications & Marketing team.
- Manage social media channels through developing content and strategy as well as executing fundraising initiatives and communications pushes that fit into the organization's editorial calendar and meet organization's goals (lead generation, conversion, retention and engagement).
- Lead projects and/or campaign strategy by actively participating in campaign planning meetings and overseeing execution and reporting for multichannel digital campaigns.
- Manage integrated lead campaigns from acquisition to conversion through telemarketing and other channels.
- Plan and implement customer research and use the findings to feed into the online strategy to support organization's goals.
- Present findings to key stakeholders to drive the social media strategy and engage key users.
- Write and edit content for all digital properties and actions with a focus on lead generation, fundraising, stewardship and engagement. (This includes: social media, website, blogs, email, advertising and other channels as needed.)
- Participate in peer groups and utilize external resources to understand best practices and stay current with current and innovative techniques.
- Oversee a budget for advertising on Facebook, including direct creation and management of Facebook advertisements.
- Work with consultants and agencies to qualify and implement new digital platforms and services to support lead generation and increase donor engagement.
- Collaborate with Sponsorship Team in the development and review of sponsorship materials and digital campaigns for acquisition, retention and engagement.
- Engage with constituents who contact us through the website and social channels.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director, Integrated Marketing to support brand development, program promotion and storytelling opportunities with media.
- Communicate insights from data and observed trends to improve audience experience and campaign results
- Monitor and analyze online channels performance through Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and other analytics programs for social media related campaigns.
- Create all graphics for emails, Facebook advertising, web, and more.
- Collaborate with digital colleagues on email marketing program.
- Support other department needs.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Results driven professional with a passion for social media.
- Bachelors' degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications and/or related field.
- At least 5 years of digital marketing & fundraising experience with particular emphasis on direct response campaigns and supporter engagement.
- Experience with digital content creation, social media advertising, and social media management software for example: Falcon.
- Strong project management and time management skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, copywriting, editing and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Experience with an eCRM a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design and/or video editing.
- Experience interacting and working with diverse staff and donors.
- A positive and adaptable attitude with strong work ethic.
- Affinity to the cause of SOS Children's Villages.
- All interested candidates must submit a Cover Letter along with application and include salary requirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.