1064 Gardner Road
At Darkness to Light, we believe adults are responsible for protecting children. Currently we are on a mission to train four million adults by the year 2020 to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
To achieve this mission, we are seeking a talented Social Behavior Change (SBC) Manager. This role will lead the implementation of Darkness to Light’s SBC strategy, as well as overseeing developing the internal capacity to effectively implement those strategies. This role and work is designed to support key goals as outlined in our strategic plan. The Social Behavior Change Manager will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
Candidates in Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA; and New York City are encouraged to apply.
Our environment is fast-paced and fun, all while working together to protect children from the serious issue of child sexual abuse. If you are passionate about protecting children and love to think of innovative ways to communicate a message that inspires others to take action – we want to talk to you!
- Take leadership in coordinating the planning, implementation, and reporting of the SBC strategy for Darkness to Light as an organization and individual projects as award;
- Support the development of innovative new approaches to SBC within child sexual abuse prevention;
- Oversee preparation of SBC component of annual and quarterly workplans;
- Liaise with consultants and partners, providing guidance, assistance, and oversight where necessary;
- Implement SBC project activities through to project completion;
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to design, develop, and monitor Darkness to Light SBC strategies in collaboration with the organization’s partners;
- Support design and implementation of SBC-specific capacity building activities;
- Provide technical guidance, orientation, and oversight to SBC consultants placed within partner organizations, if needed;
- Collaborate with partners to strengthen systems and human resource capacity to design, develop, deliver and monitor evidence-based SBC;
RESEARCH AND REPORTING
- Support the design and implementation of the SBC monitoring and evaluation process including data use to inform program changes, data collection oversight, and build the capacity of staff in SBC M&E;
- Identify best practices and use them to profile the impact of SBC for child sexual abuse prevention, promote learning and lesson sharing within Darkness to Light and our partners;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports as required, detailing the performance of the SBC program, including reports and others as directed
- Gather feedback on implementation of SBC strategies in pilot districts and provide technical support, when necessary.
- Additional duties as required.
- Master's Degree OR Bachelor’s Degree and relevant job experience;
- Should have a minimum of 7 years field experience in SBC interventions;
- Strong research, advocacy, communication skills, facilitation and materials development for health promotion;
- Strong collaboration and networking skills;
- Prior experience with data driven decision making for SBC, preferably including experience with qualitative and quantitative survey methods;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once;
- Ability to thrive in an environment of both collaboration and autonomy;
- Strong leadership tendencies and analytical problem-solving skills;
- Preferably bilingual in English and Spanish.
THE FINE PRINT
The statements within this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Darkness to Light provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. Darkness to Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
The Language used in this document does not create an employment contract between the employee and Darkness to Light. This document does not create any contractual rights or entitlements. Darkness to Light reserves the right to revise the content of this document, in whole or in part. No promises or assurances, whether written or oral, which are contrary to or inconsistent with the terms of this paragraph create any contract of employment.
Health insurance, 403b, vacation and sick time, yearly holiday observances
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all inquiries and resumes to:
Subject: Social Behavior Change Manager Search