Details: Competitive salary, commensurate with prior experience, education and abilities. The programs referenced in this job announcement are contingent upon grant funding.
815 Colorado Blvd,
Suite C second floor
The Data Entry Specialist will work with the Data Entry Supervisor to verify, analyze, enter, and upload Registry participant education and training data to the California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry (Registry), a project of the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (CCALA). The Data Entry Specialist will also provide general information and technical assistance via phone calls and emails to Registry participants regarding the Registry.
The Registry is a state-wide information system that serves the early care and education (ECE) workforce as well as researchers and policy makers. It collects, verifies and records demographic, education, training, and employment data about the ECE workforce. Registry data will be used for many purposes including planning professional development programs for individuals in the workforce, policy development and decision making, accountability and evaluation.
The Data Entry Specialist will assist and support the Data Entry Supervisor in carrying out program activities including day-to-day operation tasks, follow-up, and communications. This entry-level position is offered to those interested in being part of an organization that is committed to making a difference and pursuing a career with a nonprofit providing solid leadership in program development and management, service delivery and advocacy for the child care and education field.
The Data Entry Specialist will play a role in ensuring effective, efficient and consistent service and communication is maintained with internal and external staff working on Registry activities. This position will support the Data Entry Supervisor with customer service with CCALA staff, the Resource and Referral Agencies, Administrators and participants, as needed.
· Analyze and process various educational, professional development and employment documents and accurately enter data; maintain data security and confidentiality protocols and follow data entry processes and procedures.
· Provide technical assistance and support to Registry users; promptly respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries.
· Work in close collaboration with the Data Entry Supervisor to support improvements to the Registry, and assist with achieving defined program goals to ensure project success.
· Participate in project activities including outreach efforts.
· Perform general office duties such as filing, copying, scanning, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s Degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience including data entry and customer service with external clients.
· Effective keyboarding and computer skills, including experience with Windows, Microsoft Office suite, databases, word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet required deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse client populations.
· Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion, and good judgement.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to understand, follow, and give verbal and written instructions.
· Desire to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization and work cooperatively with other agencies.
· Ability to be flexible, innovative and to adapt to the changing needs of the program.
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurance coverage which meets CA standards.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
· Working knowledge of the college credit system preferred.
· Understanding of the child care delivery system and child care provider population is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands, finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer cafeteria plan health benefits, 403-B retirement plan, 10 paid holidays and accrued vacation and sick.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in both written and oral English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, send resume and cover letter to:
Karla Perez, Data Entry Supervisor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email submissions only.
No phone inquiries. Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position. The programs referenced in this job announcement are contingent upon grant funding.