Do you believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid? Would you like to work where you are encouraged to promote fun, creativity and play? If you are motivated and you possess leadership experience- both on and off the playground – we want you to join our team and put your passion for play to work for us.
Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children’s physical and emotional health. Playworks currently serves more than 2,000 schools in 23 U.S. cities, and reaches 1 million students directly and through professional training services.
Our strategic goal is to ensure that 3.5 million children in 7,000 schools experience safe and healthy play every day by December 2020. This position will play a pivotal role in getting to that goal.
At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, and consultative partnerships.
Here’s where you come in:
- Support Playworks’ national team and the regional leadership team to create and refine an integrated school partnership strategy for growing Playworks’ services within the region.
- Build new relationships with other community organizations, government agencies and funders as appropriate, as well as representing Playworks at events, conferences and community gatherings.
- Serve as a liaison between Playworks and partners who have purchased Playworks services by representing Playworks at trainings, meetings and consultative visits.
- Identify target market segments, establishing of impact and financial goals.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director, meet monthly and annual targets while also creating campaigns focused on prospecting and developing a strong pipeline of new customers and nurturing relationships with existing customers.
- Manage data collection for all Pro partners.
- Coordinate with Playworks Pro Trainers, Program Director, Regional Director to ensure the successful delivery of quality of services and sustainable impact.
- Contribute to the building of sales pipeline to increase impact according to plan and in the schools and districts that are of the highest strategic priority.
- Step in when Regional Director or Program Director is not available.
- Support the management of existing school partnerships to ensure that the relationships and communication remains strong.
- Support renewal and retention of former and existing partnerships.
Required Skills & Experience
- Passionate commitment to Playworks’ mission and keen desire to contribute to social impact.
- 2+ years sales experience preferably B2B
- Eagerness to learn and represent a growing brand
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Cirrus is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency managing contacts and pipeline in CRM is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that facilitate customer cultivation and negotiations.
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing long term partnerships
- Experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Initiative, self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of youth development principles and practices, especially relating to issues of equity, inclusion and healthy competition within sports and physical activity
- Understanding and experience working in a matrix organizational structure
- Comfort with a playful, exuberant and mildly irreverent workplace culture
Compensation & Benefits:
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Regional Director.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with employer match, life insurance, employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
If working and playing and working while playing sounds like your ideal place to work, then apply online to join our team:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
- References will be requested.
Playworks is changing the way children experience school every day by leveraging the power of safe and healthy play. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. Our ambitions demand that we invest in recruiting, developing and managing a team that reflects the broad diversity of our communities. Our core values of inclusion, respect, healthy community and healthy play are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work, including recruiting and retaining the best talent we can.
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.
Minimum Education Required