Details: Dependent upon experience
1301 Belmont Avenue
Founding High School Teachers
Belmont Charter Network is a family of charter schools working to address the academic and social-emotional barriers hindering our students' overall success. In addition to a fundamental academic curriculum, we provide physical and mental health services within the school environment, along with a wide variety of extracurricular programming, including sports, academic enrichment and the arts. We strive to equip each of our students with the resources and skills necessary to become successful and productive members of society.
Our organization currently operates four schools in the Belmont area: Belmont Academy Charter School, Belmont Charter School, Belmont Charter High School and Inquiry Charter School. We also partner with the Community Education Alliance of West Philadelphia to provide social service programs to our students. Together, our mission is to promote the academic and social-emotional well-being of each child we serve.
Belmont Charter High School is currently recruiting for a new cohort of founding teachers as we move into its second year. We seek teachers who are passionate about their content-area, committed to closing the achievement gap, and willing to do whatever it takes to see our students to graduation. Founding teachers will lead the curriculum development process, and work to implement a strong instructional framework in every classroom. To be successful they must thrive in a dynamic, start-up environment, and work diligently to realize the BCHS mission and vision on a daily basis.
Across our network, our educators are deeply passionate about teaching and put their heart and soul into every lesson. They have a hunger for feedback and a desire to engage in an ongoing cycle of reflection and growth. They embrace a restorative approach to discipline, and value relationships with students, families and community partners. Above all, our educators understand the challenges of urban education and work tirelessly to address academic and social-emotional barriers to student success.
Role and Responsibilities
· Assist in the design and implementation of curriculum and assessment tools, including, but not limited to, unit plans, lesson plans, assessment practices, etc.
· Utilize a variety of proven, research-based instructional strategies to engage student interests and meet individual student needs
· Manage effective classroom practices and school-wide structures to build school community and promote positive student behavior; motivate students to realize high academic and behavioral expectations
· Create a safe, positive, and structured learning environment that excites and invests students
· Utilize data and assessment to drive instruction and intervention
· Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues
· Demonstrate leadership through positivity, creative problem solving, and taking initiative
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities within a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting
· High level of personal organization and planning, including strong instructional and classroom management skills
· Team Player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to accept feedback, positive attitude, flexibility, professional demeanor
· Strong belief in BCHS mission, vision, and educational model
· Ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Bachelors’ degree and PA teaching certificate in content area required
· Thorough knowledge of content area
· Minimum 3 years high-school teaching experience in an urban environment
Comprehensive benefits package available
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete an application at www.belmontcharternetwork.org/careers. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who meet our selection criteria will be notified about next steps in the application and hiring process.