Position Summary: The Coordination of Care and Mental Health Services program is designed to coordinate services and supports for children with mental illness, chronic medical conditions, HIV/AIDS, and substance abuse, and help them live independently in the community using the Health Home model of service delivery. Below are the primary responsibilities of an Intensive Care Coordinator:
· Identify individuals appropriate for services and facilitate their enrollment process into the program.
· Identifying recipient’s strengths and limitations by assessing the level of motivation, capacity, and available resources to develop a service plan that is unique to each individual.
· Clearly informs clients of goals, configuration, and function of the program.
· Ongoing assessment, evaluation and provision of service needs for each case.
· Coordination and monitoring of all services of each case on caseload: maintain contact with service providers, including telephone contacts, joint planning meetings and coordination of treatment plans.
· Home visits and field visits to provide counseling, crisis intervention, case management, referral and advocacy services, coordination of services, and assistance with basic needs.
· Preparation of written service plans and safety alert plans collaboratively with each client.
· Preparation of all charting, assessment forms, accountability forms and direct service requirements of state and city regulations.
· Follows program’s guidelines and uses judgment and expertise to determine the appropriate level of intervention necessary in each situation.
· Crisis intervention including 24-hour telephone response availability.
· Participates in group/individual supervision and attends staff meetings and in service trainings.
· Assures coverage and assumes responsibility for uncovered caseloads.
· Seeks guidance and consults with Senior Intensive Care Coordinator and Clinical Supervisor regarding any client issue.
· Other duties as determined by management.
· Participate in special projects and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Five or more years’ experience in a leadership role managing corporate compliance in a non-profit setting.
· Strong expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must have superior organizational and analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people, as well as an aptitude for teamwork.
· Ability to use public transportation for travel to program locations throughout New York City.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
· Ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
· Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving skills
· Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Proficient computer knowledge, including word processing and database software
Position Summary: The Coordination of Care and Mental Health Services program is designed to coordinate services and supports for children with mental illness, chronic medical conditions, HIV/AIDS, and substance abuse, and help them live…
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, Employee Assistance, Flexible Spending, Retirement Plan. Generous Paid Time off package including a month of vacation accrued within the first year of employment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, Employee Assistance, Flexible Spending, Retirement Plan. Generous Paid Time off package including a month of vacation accrued within the first…