The National Maritime Historical Society is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant. Approximately 25 hours per week with flexibility in hours. Benefits include paid time-off.
• Supporting the president.
• Drafting letters to trustees and members.
• Preparing materials for meetings.
• Taking minutes at Board Meetings.
• Assisting with the Society's awards dinners and managing a master list.
• Supporting conferences, seminars and other special events.
• Organizing materials for national student competition.
• Preparing posts and updating website & generating email blasts.
• Additional duties as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position must:
• Possess a Bachelor's Degree and 3 years’ experience is preferred. Candidates without a degree should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency a must.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to meet strict deadlines and multi-task.
• Have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail.
• Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a small office.
• Flexible hours with some flexibility in work week as needed.
• Must be a self-starter and team player who is both courteous and friendly.
This part time position is available immediately. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume,and salary requirements.
10 holidays per year, 401K, vacation, sick and personal days off.
Minimum Education Required