160 Fifth Avenue
The HR Assistant will provide general administrative and project support for the Human Resources team. The assistant will serve as the HR point of contact for Simons Foundation processes, support HR events, provide research and analysis, and anticipate team needs. This position will report to the HR Manager, who will coordinate requests across the team and delegate responsibilities to HR Assistant.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, organize and regularly audit digital personnel files, HR documentation, vendor agreements and shared folders such as Dropbox and Google Docs.
- Assist with recruitment scheduling, and candidate greeting, as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate new hire, guest researcher and visitor details. Update contingent worker details in the HR system, Workday.
- Assist with HR-related research, special projects and reports on an ongoing or ad-hoc basis. These requests are often highly confidential and/or urgent.
- Process HR-related vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Compile monthly expense reports.
- Maintain HR content on the foundation's intranet, SimonsNet.
- Manage logistics for all HR team meetings and events including organizing materials, coordinating calendars, overseeing catering and liaising with A/V. When appropriate, take meeting minutes and document the outcomes and action steps.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in Human Resources or a related discipline
- Familiarity with and/or interest in HR principles and laws
Required Application Materials
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing timelines
- Highly professional and ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Sound judgment and discretion
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
- Include a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/7enzm5IDGll1HeAGHlM2k" />