609 14 Street Northwest
PolicyWise for Children & Families (PolicyWise) exists to improve child, family and community well-being through leading, creating and mobilizing research and evaluation for evidence-informed policy and practice. PolicyWise distinguishes itself through our leadership in generating evidence to inform social policy, our collaborative approach and organizational structure: a formal bridge between government, academia and the community.
Alberta is a leader in creating and mobilizing evidence to ensure the well-being of children, families and communities.
To develop and integrate evidence to inform, identify and promote effective public policy and service delivery to improve the well-being of children, families and communities in Alberta, Canada and internationally.
The Project Manager will report to and support the Director of Projects. The position is a dynamic combination of agile project management, stakeholder relations, research, evaluation, and knowledge mobilization activities with both internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager will develop, implement and manage multiple research and evaluation projects with significant variation in focus and scope.
Projects aim to inform policy development, resource allocation, program design, and service delivery. Projects can range from research studies to environmental scans, planning and facilitating learning events, or policy dialogues. Content areas are relevant to the policy priorities of the Ministries of Children’s Services, Community and Social Services, Health, Education, Justice, Indigenous Relations and others. Subject areas of focus include family violence, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, youth mentorship, youth mental health, addictions, suicide prevention and resiliency, trauma, child intervention, prevention, early intervention, and equity for Indigenous populations. Based in Calgary, this full-time employment opportunity will commence in September 2018. Regular travel between Calgary and Edmonton is a requirement.
· Oversee new and existing short term and multi-year grant agreements, contracts with Government, universities, colleges, agencies and consultants.
· Monitor multiple projects and their timelines, manage budgets, schedule payments, ensure deliverables are met on time and project reporting requirements/accountabilities are met.
· Draft proposals, requests for applications, work plans, contracts, project charters and terms of reference.
· Assist with the development and implementation of knowledge mobilization strategies.
Partnership Development and Management
· Participate in meetings with stakeholders throughout the processes of designing, developing, implementing and completing projects.
Project Research and Consulting
· Oversee literature reviews, environmental scans, annotated bibliographies, and focus groups.
· Coordinate continuous improvement
Required Education, Experience and Skills
· A Master’s degree in a health, social science or other related disciplines
· Direct experience with the content and subject areas outlined in the overview section
· Minimum three years’ experience in project management and consultation work involving direct responsibility for deliverables and working with multiple committees and teams
· Experience in research and evaluation with knowledge of research methodologies
· Exceptional interpersonal, relational and communication (oral and written) skills
· Strong, demonstrated group facilitation skills
· Highly organizational with careful attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; prioritize and adapt to changing requirements
· Analytic, systems thinker comfortable with ambiguity, strong work ethic and sense of accountability
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
· Experience working with diverse groups, policy makers, service providers, academics, and community
· Equivalences may be considered
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
To be determined.
Level of Language Proficiency
Exceptional written and oral communication is English is required.
Minimum Education Required