Program Coordinator, NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS)
- Job posted by CUNY School of Professional Studies
Details: Annual, Depends on Qualifications
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS seeks a Program Coordinator to support a new learning program partnership with the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) designed to prepare frontline shelter staff to pro-actively assist shelter clients in making financial decisions that can best lead them on a path toward permanent housing and independent living.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will:
- Develop course schedule and reserve classrooms.
- Coordinate recruitment and registration of learners using an online event management system, including: scheduling classes, writing copy for and scheduling registration email communications, uploading course materials, producing rosters, etc.
- Track and produce monthly reports on learner attendance.
- Manage all classroom logistics, including but not limited to, materials printing and delivery, classroom set up and take down, small catering orders, and classroom support for course instructors during the sessions.
- Participate in program planning meetings and conference calls with DHS and other program partners.
- Assist with purchasing and invoicing processes.
- Assist with collection and analysis of course evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years, full-time experience directly related to program coordination, preferably in higher education or professional development.
- Experience utilizing event management and registration platforms (e.g., Cvent, Formstack, etc.).
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with program partners, instructors, and learners.
- Ability to take initiative, and perform work both independently and collaboratively.
- Competence in adapting to changing situations and priorities.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of human services, workforce development, financial literacy and/or homelessness programs, a plus.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.
Minimum Education Required