Registry Support Specialist (full time)
- Job posted by NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
16 Court Street
The NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute (PDI) is a dynamic public/private partnership that works to ensure that all early childhood practitioners have access to a system of professional development.
The Registry Support Specialist is responsible for providing key support to maintain daily operations of The Aspire Registry. The workforce registry is a web-based system that helps early childhood providers track their ongoing professional development, education, and experience, and helps them find professional development.
The Registry Support Specialist will report to The Aspire Registry Administrator and work as part of a team with other registry staff. The Registry Support Specialist will also provide technical assistance and support to new and existing registry members.
- Provide customer support to our Registry members through e-mail and phone.
- Review and classify credit and non-credit coursework from college transcripts and training certificates.
- Review paper and electronic files for discrepancies and errors.
- Review documentation from registry members and verify information in the database and/or our document management system.
- Enter and verify data with attention to speed and accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation of meeting materials, taking minutes, and disseminating minutes in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Registry Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in early childhood education, or related field preferred
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment.
- Strong data entry skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required (knowledge of additional programs a plus).
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Must possess costumer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally assist registry members.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders including participants, staff, and external partners.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the Research Foundation website at: