Details: Commensurate with experience.
Young Concert Artists seeks a Director of Development with excellent fundraising experience, love of classical music, and the desire to support the mission of Young Concert Artists.
The Development Director works with the Founding Director, the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, as well as the Development Manager and Development Assistant.
- Lead YCA’s annual initiatives to raise $1.5 million from individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies, and increase its endowment.
- Attend ~30 concerts, special events and board meetings in New York and in Washington DC annually; limited additional travel may be required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5 or more years of fundraising experience
- Love of classical music
- Experience with government and foundation grant writing
- Fluency in database work; experience with direct mail programs and event management is a plus.
- A good knowledge of legal and financial matters relating to nonprofits
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Ability to connect with Board members and Patrons.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; medical and transit flexible savings plans; participation in 403b retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit electronically to email@example.com:
- A short letter that expresses qualifications for the position
- A detailed resume
- A list of 3 professional references (including names, titles, addresses, phone numbers and e- mail addresses). A reference will not be contacted without your permission.
Additional materials may be requested at a later date.