111 North Common Street
F&CS is seeking an experienced development professional to expand our existing fundraising efforts. The Director of Development will plan and execute all aspects of fund raising activities at F&CS. He/she will coordinate and manage special events, expand individual donor programs, and oversee the marketing and communication strategies. The Director of Development works independently and effectively with colleagues, is highly motivated, flexible, and a “team player” able to think and work strategically. He/she demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and work of the agency and is able to articulate it to current and prospective donors and to the broader community. Creates and implements annual and long terms plan for fundraising schedules and methods.
Responsibilities: (included but not limited to)
Individual Giving/Major Gifts/Corporations:
- Lead and coordinate individual solicitations, with emphasis on those with major gift potential.
- Implement strategy for stewarding all donors into highest level of giving.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of key relationships with external stakeholders including donors, board members, and corporate and business partners.
- Personally, and partnering with other members of the board, and the Executive Director, cultivate and solicit gifts and endowments from individuals and corporations in the $10K - $100K plus range.
- Produce and provide regular detailed accountability reports about the Development Office finances and fundraising operations.
- Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement process.
- Manage agency donor database and produce reports as necessary.
Special Events: Develop a plan for multiple fundraising and marketing events. Revise and manage plan as required, coordinating event execution from inception to completion. Evaluate events against proposed budgets, goals, and criteria.
Marketing and Communications: Oversees the marketing and communications strategy being implemented by the Grant Writer/Marketing Associate including newsletters, annual reports and other marketing and communications tools. Oversees the roll out of a new brand marketing campaign.
- Solid understanding of philanthropy, corporate and social marketing giving; knowledge and awareness of North Shore and Harbor area prospects.
- Experience in large philanthropic corporations is highly desirable.
- Superior written and oral communication skills. Experience as an effective communicator with specific knowledge and experience, with foundation relationships, requests and individual appeals.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and maintain discipline adherence to development goals.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive relationships with current and potential donors, board members, and staff.
- Computer literacy with ability to establish and maintain fundraising objectives,
- databases and tracking systems.
- Strong time management, organization and planning skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Working knowledge of budget development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in all aspects of fundraising in a non-profit setting.
- Must have at least three years of direct foundation and development experience and proven track record of soliciting and closing foundation and corporate grants and gifts.
- Must also have excellent interpersonal skills and an understanding of fundraising as well as an aptitude for working closely with management team and staff.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
· Experience in management of a new brand roll up preferred
· Knowledge of Donor Perfect preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience – competitive. Excellent benefits
Family & Children’s Service is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected class.
Family & Children's Service offers a very generous benefit package including but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insuance
- 403B retirement
- Short Term Disabilty
- Life Insurance
- and more........
Minimum Education Required