Details: THIS IS A SET SALARY FOR PART-TIME WORK WITH ROOM FOR GROWTH.
210 North Ruby Street
Staff Immigration Attorney Position
Central Washington Justice For Our Neighbors seeks a passionate, talented attorney to work part-time on our staff.
How to Apply:
Deadline: Position open until filled. Candidates must email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Abigail Scholar, Executive Director at CWJFON with “Staff Attorney Position” in the subject line.
Contact email address is: email@example.com
Who we Are:
Central Washington Justice For Our Neighbors (www.cwjfon.org) provides immigration legal services to low-income immigrants and refugees in Central Washington. CWJFON serves clients of all faiths and backgrounds. Along with 8 other Justice For Our Neighbors sites, we are affiliated with National Justice For Our Neighbors.
· Maintain a robust case load with an emphasis on humanitarian immigration and family-based immigration. Work requires meeting with clients for initial consultations and preparing applications for submission to USCIS as well as some court filings and representation before EOIR.
· Coordinate and attend monthly immigration consultation legal clinics.
· Train and work with volunteers to support CWJFON work
· Conduct community outreach presentations on issues surrounding immigration.
· Assist in administrative office tasks as needed
· Develop a work plan for offsite client intake for rural community members.
· Active bar membership; Washington required
· Excellent attention to detail
· Hard working, flexible, able to carry a heavy caseload and to work as a team member in a close-knit, small office with people of all backgrounds
· Passion for immigration, human-rights, and the non-profit sector
· Ability to work with volunteers
· Ability to work extensively with trauma victims
· Spanish fluency required
· Awareness of racial and gender equity and a dedication to working with the foundations of those in mind at all times.
CWJFON offers a flexible working environment as well as generous vacation and holiday leave, professional liability insurance and AILA dues. CWJFON is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants of all religions, genders, races, ethnicities, ages, physical abilities and sexual orientations. We highly encourage POC to apply. Salary is $30,000 annually at part time.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish fluency are required.
Minimum Education Required