520 Eighth Avenue
Innovation: Africa is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that brings Israeli innovation to African villages. Founded in 2008, in ten years Innovation: Africa has provided light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 1 million people in Uganda, Malawi, Tanzania, Senegal, Ethiopia, South Africa, and the DRC.
We are seeking an outgoing and self-motivated individual to be our Outreach Coordinator. The main priority of the Outreach Coordinator is to develop an iA network of influencers who are involved and share our mission.
Develop and manage our campus programming which will revolve around a pilot trip to Africa for student leaders, and working with these students to develop and commit to follow-up opportunities on campus.
- Curate fundraisers through our custom peer to peer fundraising platform.
- Re-engage and work directly with our volunteer community – recruitment and management
- Event planning — oversee and implement Innovation: Africa’s fundraising events in NY
- Develop and implement new programming and communication strategy to strengthen iA’s US based network
- Reach out to the Jewish community and share about our Bar/Bat Mitvah campaigns
- Host fundraising events and educational programs at synagogues, institutions and Jewish day schools and high schools.
- Responsible for recruitment of campaigners through social media, personal outreach, Mitzvah fairs, online platforms and online advertising
- Point person for all grassroots fundraisers through our custom peer to peer fundraising Causevox platform
A strong candidate will have a background in campus activism, fundraising, community organizing, or the like.
Must have keen interpersonal, communication, planning, and computer skills with the ability to positively and constructively partner with stakeholders and administrators, work independently, take initiative, manage multiple concurrent projects. Will need to be very persistent to maintain communication with donors. Flexibility to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
While this position is based in our New York office, the Outreach Coordinator collaborates with team members in Israel as well as in our Africa offices.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Mother Tongue; Hebrew - preferred
Minimum Education Required