The Chief External Relations Officer (CERO) for Ubuntu Pathways ensures that target revenues are met, the integrity of the brand is preserved, messaging is consistent, and stakeholders are communicated with in a timely and appropriate manner. The position serves as a member of the executive committee of the organization. The Assistant to the CERO will be expected to perform a range of tasks to organize and maximize the CERO’s time. This position will assist the CERO in managing the organization’s External Relations department across the United States, the United Kingdom, and South Africa. The Assistant must have the ability to initiate projects and anticipate the CERO’s needs, while managing a hectic schedule.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directly supporting the Chief External Relations Officer in managing Ubuntu’s External Relations Department across the United States, United Kingdom, and South Africa
- Coordinating communication; managing departmental calendars; and tracking progress towards annual departmental goals
- Creating collateral for projects, including but not limited to internal and external fundraising reports, conference presentations, opinion articles, and funder research
- Maintaining the CERO’s calendar, including scheduling internal and external meetings and preparing all necessary agendas and documents
- Coordinating the CERO’s travel to the United Kingdom, South Africa, etc.
- Providing administrative support for the External Relations team
- Writing and editing grant reports, proposals, and other related documents
- Conducting research and fact-finding on potential grant funders
- Corresponding with staff, project partners, donors, and other important stakeholders
- Drafting thank you notes and other donation and income responsibilities, including updating Ubuntu’s donor database
- Bachelors Degree in international relations, political science, and/or a related field
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, and follow-through, as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to identify and take charge of tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to Ubuntu’s work
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401k, and vacation/sick/personal days.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required