619 East Palisade Avenue
The Development Assistant supports the internal fundraising and development efforts of the External Affairs team, including gift entry and database management; special event administration and planning; and donor stewardship for a $3 million fundraising campaign. This position is based at The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s office in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, just minutes from the George Washington Bridge.
The Development Assistant will report directly to the Senior Director of Development and will work closely with other staff, especially the Director of Communications.
Only individuals with database and event-planning experience will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the creation of an annual development plan that incorporates a range of strategies, including board gifts, annual appeals, major donors, and grants;
- Manages the administrative aspects of fundraising and development initiatives, including data entry into Raiser’s Edge, reporting, donor acknowledgments, and database management;
- Coordinates the planning and execution of several cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events each year, including an annual gala;
- Assists in the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies;
- Assists in grant research and tracking;
- Assists in the identification and cultivation of major donors;
- Supports and assists in external communications including, but not limited to, website, printed materials, press releases, email marketing and social media;
- Keeps track of development department budget and resources, and manages vendor relations;
- Works with all members of the APGF team in supporting foundation initiatives;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 1-3 years of relevant fundraising/communications experience;
- Familiarity with database systems, ideally Raiser’s Edge;
- Large scale special event-planning experience;
- Excellent computer skills, esp. Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint, with social media and email marketing experience a plus;
- Impeccable organizational skills with great attention to detail;
- Ability to “manage up” and help keep fundraising and communications priorities and deadlines on track for several staff members;
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and including your salary requirements to email@example.com.