- Develops and executes annual communications plan for the Area and its ministries in sync with annual action plan of the Advancement Department.
- Develops and maintains portfolios for each ministry in the EAA, as well as designated sisters.
- Develops slideshows and/or PowerPoints for events of the EAA.
- Manages website and social media outlets, including analytics for the EAA.
- Develops and reviews proposed videos for the EAA YouTube channel.
- Attends meetings and events concerning the Area and provides and maintains on-going documentation in photography of Area mission, life and ministries.
- Operates, maintains and prepares audio/visual equipment for Province and events, including virtual meetings.
- Establishes, fosters and manages relationships with media outlets.
- Distributes stories concerning the Area, ministries and/or sisters to appropriate outlets.
- Establishes and maintains archive of photos of sisters and ministries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
Beyond specific skills, we are especially interested in those candidates who can work independently and also collaboratively with community leadership and all other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in marketing/communications required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in writing news releases and articles.
- Website and social media experience.
- Relevant experience with non-profit organizations and understanding of Roman Catholic culture.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, collaboratively and creatively.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move about the office frequently.
- Ability to climb stairs.
The position operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers, photocopiers and filing cabinets located at multiple locations within the building.
Some travel required; occasional weekend or evening work required.