Details: Competitive hourly rate
219 Riggs Road, NE
Founded in 1988, Food & Friends provides freshly prepared meals, nutrition support, and friendship to people living with AIDS, cancer, and other life challenging illnesses. Our team of sixty employees and thousands of volunteers delivers meals and hope to people living in the District of Columbia and multiple counties across Maryland and Virginia. There is no charge or income qualification for our services, which are rendered solely on the basis of medical need.
We seek a Development Coordinator to assist with digital marketing initiatives, and to provide general support to the professionals within the department. Duties include:
- collaborating with a variety of communications and development professionals to assist with planning, implementation, and reporting for all digital campaigns;
- implementing the production and deployment of email campaigns in Luminate;
- preparing monthly reports on digital campaigns, and comparing results to benchmarking metrics;
- assisting with preparation and publication of content for social media,
- creating donation pages, forms, and email auto-responders with proper source code tracking;
- conducting prospect research on individuals, corporations, and foundations;
- serving as point of contact for food drives and other in-kind donations; and
- providing general administrative support to department professionals as needed.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an up-and-coming development professional to obtain broad exposure to many facets of fundraising and development.
The successful candidate will have a BA/BS and at least one year of experience in digital nonprofit development, marketing, or communications. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate (or similar software platforms) helpful. HTML skills a plus. Additional requirements include a valid driver’s license; excellent attention to detail; ability to quickly learn new fundraising and marketing software; superb communication skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment; ability to work independently and as part of a team; and an appreciation for diversity. Must be willing to work some evenings. Offer of employment contingent upon a pre-employment drug test.
Food & Friends provides a competitive hourly rate and generous benefits. Our staff enjoys a high quality, fun work environment that includes short Fridays and casual dress. Food & Friends is Metro accessible, and has free on-site parking.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement contribution
- Section 125 cafeteria plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits
- Free parking
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Paid personal days
- Paid holidays
- Short Fridays
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to:
Mr. Lucas Ginn
Food & Friends
219 Riggs Road, NE
Washington, DC 20011
No phone calls, please