Details: competitive salary and benefits package
709 South Westnedge Avenue
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of those who reside in our communities? This position makes that happen by leading United Way’s financial areas with a focus on the overall strategic plan of the organization.
The United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region (UWBCKR) partners across all sectors year-round to achieve measurable progress towards specific community level goals in Education, Income, Health and Basic Needs. Our organization stands in the top five percent of United Way organizations nation-wide in overall resource development results. This past year over $10M was raised locally and more than 4,000 community volunteers were engaged to help fuel the ongoing movement to Change the Story in communities throughout our region…one life at a time.
United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region is looking for an impassioned, motivated individual to become a key member of the leadership team through strategic oversight of the financial responsibilities for budget, audit, database management, and benefits; leadership and development of team to ensure skills, talents, and performance are recognized and achieved; support of both the Finance and Human Resources Committees to achieve strategic goals; and successful implementation of policies and procedures to ensure appropriate administration and accountability.
This executive-level position reports directly to the CEO & President.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a related field is required. Master’s level or CPA preferred
• A minimum of seven years of previous management experience is required, preferably in a non-profit capacity
• Demonstrated decision making abilities utilizing creative problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills that include the ability to present complex financial concepts in an understandable manner to a broad audience and the ability to facilitate productive group discussions
• The ability to effectively negotiate vendor contracts
• Professional, collaborative and knowledgeable personality that appropriately represents the United Way organization and culture.
• Significant knowledge of Microsoft Windows including: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point programs required. Knowledge of an accounting application software like Financial Edge, is also required
United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Minimum Education Required