500 North Sacramento Boulevard
Greater West Town
Community Development Project
Share the vision. Keep the hope. Be the change.
...to a more just and equitable future.
Job Developer (Adult Placement Program)
About GWTP: Greater West Town Community Development Project (GWTP) is a community-based economic development initiative expanding employment and education opportunities for low-income residents of Chicago’s West Side community areas. GWTP is an aggressive and effective advocate for the educational needs of at-risk and dropout youth and the job training needs of low-income, unemployed community residents. For more information, visit us at www.gwtp.org
Adult Job Placement Services Unit: GWTP’s Adult Job Placement Services Unit provides comprehensive adult employment services including client skill and background assessment, case management, job placement, access and training in computer-based technology, year-long follow-up, and supportive services. GWTP brings together experienced workers and motivated entry-level workers with local businesses who are looking for quality job candidates. GWTP’s Adult Job Placement Services works with hundreds of local companies to assist with employee recruitment and assessment.
(1) Identify and cultivate new employer relationships and strengthen existing employer relationships in order to
expand the depth and range of the GWTP company portfolio
(2) Screen and match program participants with career-oriented and sector based employment opportunities
based on their skill sets and work experience
(3) Develop and disseminate marketing materials used for outreach to employers interested in hiring program
participants and community residents interested in training
(4) Identify and follow through on opportunities for employer engagement that support participant’s transition to
(5) Provide on-going retention services and supports to both the participant and the employer
(6) Document participant and employer activity in external and internal tracking systems; monitor
implementation of participant’s IEP (Individual Employment Plan)
Maintain client files as required by contracts and best practices
(7) Actively engage and promote the GWTP signature training programs at sectoral and other networking even
(8) Facilitate the GWTP Job Readiness Training workshops and provide participants with the tools and resources
needed to conduct a successful job search
(9) Work collaboratively with program staff, instructors, and administrators to advance the GWTP mission
(10) Undertakes other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree. Experience in workforce development and case management a plus. Candidates should possess a commitment to community service; verifiable employment required; Experience with low-income, disadvantaged populations; Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access; competent with social media, including Facebook and Constant Contact, Excellent communication skills, Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full time, permanent, career position. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and education. The agency benefit package includes health, life, disability insurance; retirement plan, and bonus program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a detailed cover letter and chronological resume, in a single combined PDF file demonstrating how you meet or exceed each minimum qualification and describing, generally, relevant special knowledge, skills and abilities. Please label your PDF file by Last Name, First Name (ex: Doe, Jane) Submit your materials via e-mail only to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.