17 Sellers Street
The Possible Project is a youth entrepreneurship program designed to close the opportunity gap and provide 21st century career skills to high school students. Programming includes an entrepreneurship and career-skills curricula, student ventures, work experience, and college and career advising. Over the course of three years, The Possible Project (TPP) provides students with the resources, space, and support required to: a) Gain skills necessary for lifelong success; b) Learn business, entrepreneurial, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) skills; c) Launch and operate their own businesses; d) Gain work experience; e) Explore a wide range of businesses and careers; and f) Plan their post-high school pathways.
The organization prides itself on its hybrid model, through which it combines the very best sensibilities of both the non-profit and for-profit worlds. TPP plans to expand to another Massachusetts city by 2018 and to other locations thereafter. Eventually, TPP seeks to become a national and global leader in positive youth development through entrepreneurship.
TPP is a registered 501(c) 3 which began serving youth in 2011. For more information, please visit www.possibleproject.org.
The Possible Project’s programming includes the operation of two in-house businesses, known as TPP Enterprises, focused on the following objectives: to educate and empower students through the enriching experience of working collaboratively in an established, multi-faceted business; and to generate profits that can go right back into the organization’s programming costs. One of these enterprises, Made Possible, is looking to hire a seasoned professional to contribute to the day-to-day operations. The Made Possible Business Associate will serve as a business development lead, technical instructor, and student mentor, helping the team achieve revenue goals, while improving the job readiness skills and workforce opportunities of TPP students and alumni. TPP is seeking a candidate who has experience in and working knowledge of business operations and business development, project management in design and digital fabrication, as well as youth development.
· Made Possible Business and Design Manager
· Provide project oversight of custom and retail products to be marketed and sold to current customers and through online sales platforms;
· Create marketing and business initiatives that serve the revenue goals and student experience of Made Possible;
· Cultivate business leads and relationships that exist within and external to TPP’s network;
· Serve as an instructor for Made Possible student trainings, ensuring the development and implementation of curriculum that fosters technical, job-readiness, and SEL skills;
· Support the recruitment and retention of TPP students in Made Possible, maintaining robust communications and relationships with Made Possible students and the greater student community;
· Support overall maintenance of TPP’s Makerspace sites, ensuring a safe and professional environment for students and staff, including oversight of software and equipment needs.
- Professional experience in client management, sales, and business development;
- Proven ability in the use of digital arts/fabrication software and equipment, e.g. laser cutters, 3D printers, vinyl cutters, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Familiarity with online sales platforms, e.g. Etsy;
- Experience in curriculum development and working with youth in an educational setting;
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of TPP’s student demographic;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and adaptable approach to design and business;
- Sincere motivation to work collaboratively with an energized and committed team;
· Highly organized; excellent interpersonal, written, oral, and computer skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for a degree in a related field.
· Full-time position with excellent benefits package, with salary that is commensurate with experience.
The Possible Project is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required