Details: Montessori Academy offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
875 Ragged Edge Road
Montessori Academy of Chambersburg is seeking a highly qualified educational leader to become its next Head-of-School in July, 2019. Montessori Academy is a private, non-profit institution of learning, based on the Montessori Method of instruction, serving children from 12 months through grade 12. Founded in 1988, Montessori Academy is housed in a purpose-built, 30,000 square foot state-of-the-art building that meets the unique needs of a Montessori educational environment, situated on 8 acres of rural land in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
The new Head of Montessori Academy will be a strategic and confident forward thinker, able to articulate and achieve a strong vision, inspire and support others, and manage people, business, and programs in order to uphold and promote the school’s mission: Montessori Academy, guided by the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, immerses students in a diverse community that values creativity and nurtures each student’s social, emotional, and academic growth.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
● Maintain and uphold the integrity of the Montessori educational method and philosophy and serve as a resource to faculty and staff
● Manage faculty and staff, to include recruitment and onboarding, performance evaluation, training, and professional development
● Effectively manage the financial and operational interests of the school, in keeping with the budgetary and strategic goals of the Board
● Oversee and execute all aspects of the admissions process, ensuring successful enrollment of families, in keeping with the school’s commitment to growth, diversity, and inclusivity
● Actively and effectively communicate and engage with faculty, family, and supporters
● Promote Montessori education to the broader community while working to encourage growth and development of the school programs and staff in keeping with the strategic plan of the school
● Act as the primary spokesperson for the school and represent Montessori Academy in the community; seek and develop community partnerships
Requirements for this position include:
● Master’s degree or higher in Education (or equivalent)
● Five or more years of teaching experience
● Hold or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Administrative Certificate or Principal K - 12 Certification
● Dedication to the Montessori method and philosophy
● Experience in the direct supervision of faculty / staff
● Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
● Administrator certification in Montessori education (AMI/AMS)
● Montessori teaching credentials for one level or more (early childhood and/or elementary)
● Experience in organizational growth and management, preferably with a non-profit school
● Demonstrated financial and business acumen
Montessori Academy of Chambersburg does not discriminate against any person in admission, employment, or otherwise on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender or sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (unless such disability prevents performance of the work involved), or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications should be made via email to our Search Consultant: Dr. Brooke Carroll at brooke@AciesStrategies.com. Please include a cover letter, your resume, a Statement of Educational Philosophy (less than 500 words), and the names and contact information for 5 professional references.