AmeriCorps VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator (2019-2020)
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Learn more about us at www.readingpartners.org .
The High Level
The VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator is the key player in facilitating VISTA/AmeriCorps alumni relations at Reading Partners. This is an exciting chance to build a network of current members and recent alumni, allowing for continual engagement with Reading Partners programs after service terms are completed. As the VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator, you’ll create different avenues for connection (including digital media and in-person events), build a pipeline of partnerships for alumni engagement, and develop material to support members’ transition to “life after VISTA/AmeriCorps”. Reading Partners VISTA offers an amazing chance to give back through capacity-building roles – as a VISTA, you’ll receive benefits, a great place to serve, and the opportunity to springboard a glowing and growing career.
What you’ll do and how you’ll do it:
Communications & Public Relations
Create, adapt, and maintain communication materials to engage Reading Partners VISTA and AmeriCorps alumni.
- The VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator will lead on different communications with alumni, including the development of newsletters and online engagement channels. The VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator will also create other materials to support regional and national alumni engagement events.
Systems and Resources Development
Develop systems for tracking data around alumni and partnership engagement.
- The development of successful tracking systems will be a huge responsibility for the VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator. By becoming familiar with existing tracking systems and reporting options the VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator will identify, suggest and implement best practices for tracking alumni and partnership information, and document communication metrics for future activities.
Plan and execute partnerships for Reading Partners VISTA/AmeriCorps alumni.
- The VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator will identify current partnerships that have proven successful with peer organizations and create a strategy to foster similar relationships with the Reading Partners VISTA/AmeriCorps team. This will include the research and securing of other potential partnerships, including opportunities with universities, faith-based, peer service, and community-based organizations. Additionally, the VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator will build and manage the Alumni Advisory Board to identify needs/professional opportunities for alumni.
- The VISTA Alumni Engagement Coordinator will also be partnering closely with the Reading Partners Alumni Advisory Board, engaging with its members and board chair with the aim of supporting Alumni Board efforts.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are dedicated to national and community service
- Have a strong desire to fight poverty
- Demonstrate a passion for literacy initiatives
- Are flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Take initiative in meeting goals and seeking professional growth
- Can problem-solve through challenges and failures
- Pay strong attention to detail & manage multiple priorities
- Can quickly learn new technology systems and have a high level of comfort with MS Office, Google Apps
- Boast a deep belief in our mission & root your work in our core values
- High school diploma/GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
What we offer:
- AmeriCorps members earn an annual compensation of $24,053.12. The VISTA program will authorize relocation allowance if a VISTA member moves more than 50 miles. Health insurance, including dental and vision coverage, is provided at no cost for our members; childcare assistance is available through VISTA for those who qualify. You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans. VISTA members can earn an education award of $6,095 after successfully completing their service term. VISTA members receive ten sick days and ten vacation days per year.
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us. As such, we provide ongoing professional development opportunities.
The other things you need to know:
- Service Terms : VISTA members serve full-time for a 12-month, 365-day term. This VISTA member would serve from February 2019 to February of 2020.
- Travel : VISTA members may need to travel between Reading Partners sites and offices; reliable transportation is recommended.
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Orientation : Reading Partners VISTA members attend a virtual VISTA Service Orientation in addition to attending Reading Partners trainings. Your direct supervisor will provide role-specific training as well.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested in joining the AmeriCorps & VISTA team at Reading Partners? We'd love to hear from you!