403 West 40th Street
Nature of Work
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director. This position coordinates access to the Executive Director for both internal and external needs to facilitate time management.
- Manage all aspects of the calendar, including setting appointments and organizing meetings.
- Screen calls, maintain phone log (field and direct all phone calls for prompt response).
- Act as liaison between Executive Director and Departmental Directors.
- Review and prioritize all incoming correspondence. Direct to appropriate staff member for response and follow up
- Respond to correspondence as needed
- Draft, prepare and revise documents for public presentations
- Prepare and review all reimbursements for business related expenses
- Coordinate/organize monthly CHDC Board Meetings – Prepare Board packages, confirm attendance by telephone or e-mail, coordinate with Department Directors for reports, etc.
- Maintain correspondence and reports issued to Board of Directors.
- Assist Department Directors on special projects, as assigned by the Executive Director, with assistance from the Office Manager and/or Receptionist.
- Provide administrative support to main office as necessary.
- Out-of-office tasks and personal errands such as ordering/picking up lunch, dry cleaning and related tasks may also be required.
- Update organizational chart.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee orientation.
- Identify training opportunities for existing employees and assist Department Directors with implementation
- Ensuring all employment listings are accurate and up to date
Education and Experience
Minimum 3 years experience in secretarial and/or administrative assistance. BA preferred. Experience with housing development and housing management preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Proficiency and experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access. Must be highly organized and able to work within competing timeframes. Must be able to work independently as well as receive direction from multiple staff. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
40,000 – 45,000 annually
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and coverletter to email@example.com