Details: Commensurate with Experience
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60 affiliated organizations in 36 cities and 17 states nationally. NDWA has experienced immense financial growth and currently operates with a $14 million budget. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to execute accounting tasks for NDWA and its affiliated 501(c)4 and LLC. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounting, is familiar with QuickBooks Online for Nonprofits, is highly detail oriented and well-organized, and must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Manage all accounts payable including cash disbursements and gift cards
- Process travel and expense reimbursements using Expensify
- Enter vendor invoices on Bill.com and Quickbooks Online
- Reconcile Amtrav, American Express and Capital One credit card purchases
- Request and file vendor W-9’s and file form 1099’s
- Process deposits and cash receipts from WePay, Stripe, Action Network and Square
- Maintain customer records and verify balances
- Orient and train new staff on Expensify and financial processes
- Prepares journal entries for review by Controller
- Participates in preparation of internal and external audit materials
- Assists Controller with month end close and special projects
- Participates in regular organizational meetings and other events as needed
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years’ Accounting experience, nonprofit experience a plus
- Strong computer and software skills (Excel, Google and Google Apps products) and ability to learn new software quickly
- Experience in QuickBooks Online for Nonprofits strongly preferred
- Superb organization skills and ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously
- High level of professionalism, discretion, integrity, patience, and excellent work ethic
- General agreement with NDWA’s vision and mission and commitment to social change preferred
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Some night and weekend work may be required with notice. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically.
Generous Benefits, including 100% coverage of health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families; 5 weeks of paid time off annually (prorated to the start date, including 3 weeks of office closure); 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English/Spanish bilingual a plus, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample (emails and memos ok) to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC: email@example.com. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. This position will remain open until filled.