The Immigrant Defenders Law Center (“ImmDef”) is a next-generation, social justice law firm that provides high-quality representation and legal services to immigrants in Southern California. Our staff is comprised of advocates and activists from the immigrant rights community who collectively have decades of experience fighting for the rights of immigrants in Southern California and beyond. Our organization was founded with the belief that no immigrant should be forced to go into court alone, and we see our universal representation programs as a first step towards that goal. Learn more about us at www.immdef.org.
ImmDef is now hiring additional legal and administrative staff. ImmDef seeks a full-time Operations Assistant (OA) to support the organization’s growth. As a member of ImmDef’s administrative team, the OA will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across multiple projects to support and advance our mission-driven organization.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
1. Monitor inventory and place supply orders as required.
2. Assist with basic IT maintenance requests and tasks including resolving issues with phones, copy equipment, and internet as needed.
3. Lead coordination and setup for internal meetings, special events, and training series throughout the year.
4. Assist in the new hire onboarding process: basic tech setup, provide keys to new/existing staff, and be available to respond to staff inquiries on ongoing basis.
5. Maintain office and assess ongoing furniture needs, as well as ongoing maintenance of common areas such as break rooms, meeting spaces, supply rooms.
6. Communicate space needs/repairs to property manager or owner, and external vendors as needed.
7. Work collaboratively with all members of organization’s administrative team.
8. Support the operations coordinator with the enforcement of organizational policies and standards.
9. Other duties as assigned by ImmDef’s leadership team.
· Associate’s Degree or a minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional business environment
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with close attention to detail
· Have proactive qualities with the willingness to learn
· Proficient in technology especially Microsoft Office applications
· Passion for social justice for immigrants required.
· DACA Recipients encouraged to apply!
Classification and Work Schedule
This is a full-time, nonexempt position. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with flexibility required based on the needs of the organization.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role requires someone who is willing to move items between floors and offices, while also sitting for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift, carry, and bend or stand as necessary.
Travel to Southern California regional offices may be required on occasion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Immigrant Defenders Law Center (“ImmDef”) is a next-generation, social justice law firm that provides high-quality representation and legal services to immigrants in Southern California. Our staff is comprised of advocates…
Holidays and Paid Time Off
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
FSA and Dependent Care FSA
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Parking and Travel Stipend
Holidays and Paid Time Off
Health, Dental and Vision…
Email resume, cover letter and at least two references too AdministrativeJobs@ImmDef.org. Please write LAST NAME_Operations Assistant in the subject line. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
ImmDef believes in second chances. As an organization, we will rely on individualized assessments in the hiring of those with past criminal convictions. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for a position fighting for our immigrant communities!
Immigrant Defenders Law Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email resume, cover letter and at least two references too AdministrativeJobs@ImmDef.org. Please write LAST NAME_Operations Assistant in the subject line. Only those applicants…