Manager, Corporate Relations and Service Events (Part Time - 3 Days per Week)
- Job posted by Volunteer New York!
Details: Salary: $20-22 per hour depending on experience; 21 flexible hours per week; some weekends and evenings required.
220 White Plains Road
About Volunteer New York!
Volunteer New York! is a one-stop resource devoted to increasing volunteerism in Westchester and our surrounding communities. Our core mission is to inspire, mobilize, and equip individuals and groups to take positive action to address pressing challenges, support nonprofits and strengthen the quality of life in our community.
For more than 67 years, Volunteer New York! has evolved to meet the changing needs in our community, creating initiatives in collaboration with the business community, expanding services to engage volunteers of all ages, and expanding its online outreach to make it even easier for people to get connected. Through organized volunteer projects, as well as by connecting individuals to nonprofit organizations, Volunteer New York! helps people take action to strengthen the quality of life in their community.
During the past year alone, Volunteer New York! inspired over 20,000 volunteers in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties who contributed over 285,000 hours of service valued in excess of $8.1 million.
Volunteer New York! prides itself on a culture of excellence and for the sixth year in a row, GreatNonprofits.org named us a “Top-Rated Nonprofit” based on online reviews from volunteers and nonprofit partners. The 914Inc. Small Business Awards has named us an “Outstanding Non Profit.”
One of the ways Volunteer New York! promotes volunteerism in our community is by supporting local companies who seek to develop or enhance their employee volunteer program. Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director and part of a three person team, the Corporate Relations and Service Events Manager will be responsible for developing and executing customized corporate service events, supporting the implementation of large-scale, county-wide community volunteer service initiatives, maintaining relationships with existing corporate clients and cultivating relationships with new companies.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to volunteerism, the ability to build partnerships with and bridges between the for profit and nonprofit communities, a “can do” attitude, and exceptional organizational, project management and event planning skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working closely with company representatives to identify their volunteer goals and scope potential projects from the Volunteer New York! database and agency site visits that align.
· Planning, implementing and evaluating well organized, creative and impactful customized volunteer service projects for teams of corporate groups.
· Ordering and preparing materials needed to execute customized corporate volunteer service projects (includes supplies, lunch, transportation, and day of event schedules).
· Developing, when needed, detailed project curriculums.
· Providing onsite day of event project support ensuring a successful volunteer event, troubleshooting as need.
· Developing and leading corporate project leader training
· Cultivating and maintaining collaborative partnerships with nonprofit agencies (senior centers, afterschool programs, nature centers, other local social service agencies)
· Conducting site visits to new nonprofit agency partners and providing technical assistance for project development
· Preparing materials for corporate presentations and proposals
· Planning and implementing Volunteer New York! community wide volunteer service days (i.e. MLK and 9/11)
· Completing data entry, numbers reporting and analysis in a timely manner
· Maintaining updated and complete written documentation of important processes and procedures
· Assisting, as necessary, with organization-wide “all hands on deck” initiatives such as Annual Volunteer Spirit Awards Breakfast Benefit, Leadership Westchester Graduation etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Strong administrative and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage many projects simultaneously while maintaining event timelines and meeting deadlines
· Demonstrated leadership, customer service and project management skills
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
· An understanding of corporate timetables and expectations
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Broad-based computer skills, Salesforce experience a plus
· Experience in nonprofit organizations and event planning
· Flexible schedule, including the ability to staff evening and weekend projects, as needed
· Ability to lift/move up to 35 pounds
· Ability to be flexible, to keep a sense of humor and to solve problems with confidence and creativity
· Must have own transportation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Volunteer New York!, 220 White Plains Road, Tarrytown NY 10591, Attn: Jeanette Gisbert, via e-mail email@example.com or fax to 914-948-3032.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Volunteer New York! is an Equal Opportunity Employer