The Women’s Suffrage Celebration Coalition of Massachusetts (WSCC)
The Women’s Suffrage Celebration Coalition of Massachusetts (WSCC) is dedicated to
commemorating and celebrating the upcoming 100th anniversary of the adoption of the 19thAmendment to the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing women the right to vote.
The WSCC presents events and activities that highlight the history of the women’s suffrage movement and women’s rights.
Our goals include increasing voter participation, providing educational opportunities,
recognizing and celebrating the progress of women’s rights, and to shine a light on all we need to do to achieve full equality for women.
The Administrative Coordinator works closely with the President to support the WSCC Board in all aspects of their work by coordinating the administration of the WSCC, providing technical and Board support and assisting with communications and event planning.
• Assist the President with organizing and maintaining contact information; track and follow-up
emails and correspondence to and from WSCC partners and potential partners
•Maintain all spreadsheets and documents related to potential and
current partners; assist the President with partner related outreach
• Enhance and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
• Record and track the organization’s revenues and expenses
• Prepare documents including brochures for events, correspondence, reports, drafts, board meeting minutes, memos and e-mails
• Assist the President and board members in scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
• Order and manage the sale of merchandise
• Answer calls and miscellaneous inquiries from outside parties
• Manage the organization’s office supplies including brochures, posters etc.
• Help coordinate and update the social media efforts of WSCC and the process for regular mass e-mail marketing
• Contribute to the organization of events
• Other responsibilities as determined by the board
Flexible schedule of 25 to 40 hours with some ability to work remotely. The Administrative Coordinator will be required to work approximately 2-4 evenings and/or weekend events a month.
$20.00 to $25.00 an hour depending on experience.
• Proven ability to support and work well with others
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years administrative support experience
• Proficiency in MS Business Office Suite
• Experience with database, WordPress management, e-mail programs (Mail
Chimp or Constant Contact) and Creative Design a plus
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize projects and achieve deadlines under pressure
WSCC Commitment to Diversity - The WSCC is committed to the diversity of its
leadership, staff and partners. A core value of the WSCC is diversity of thought,
experience, race, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age, religion, and national origin.
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls, please. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the manager hiring for this position. Thank you.
TBD - Flexible hours and may work remotely part of the time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required