55 Exchange Place
SEO Scholars creates a more equitable society by closing the academic and opportunity gap for highly motivated young people through a free eight-year program that successfully educates, and mentors underserved public high school students to and through college with a 90% college graduation rate.
We help students seize every opportunity by providing a rigorous academic foundation as part of a comprehensive college access, persistence and success program.
As key players on the Recruitment and Admissions Team, Recruiters will work alongside Program Managers, a Program Coordinator and the Assistant Director to build a competitive class of incoming 9th grade Scholars (Class of 2022). Serving a critical role on the team, Recruiters will represent the SEO Scholars program by facilitating engaging and informative presentations for prospective applicants throughout NYC public schools and serving as the main point of contact for a portfolio of applicants to support students with completion of our program application. As we move into the admissions cycle, Recruiters continue to play an integral role, reviewing applications and recommending applicants to the interview phase, conducting applicant interviews, assisting with admissions decisions, and providing logistical and administrative support as needed to execute on major events throughout the cycle. This opportunity is perfect for someone who is passionate about our mission and spreading this opportunity to deserving candidates, has excellent people skills for adults and students alike, and prides themselves in utmost professionalism and high-quality work.
Recruiters will be hired for a term from September 2018-March 2019. Up to 30 hours per week. Monday-Friday schedule from September-December. Tuesday-Saturday schedule from January-March.
- Deliver engaging and informative recruitment presentations to 9th grade students at select high schools throughout New York City.
- Serve as the main point of contact for applicants from a specific group of high schools. Communicate with applicants by phone, text, and email to support their completion of the application. Respond to all applicant outreach, ultimately ensuring that the recruitment team meets its application target numbers for the cohort of schools.
- Track applicant information and communication in recruitment databases and spreadsheets.
- Review student applications for the program and make recommendations to the team regarding which applicants should move forward in the admissions process.
- Interview applicants for the program and make recommendations regarding which applicants should be accepted.
- Assist the team in making final admissions decisions for all applicants.
- Communicate with accepted applicants to provide them with information about their admissions status.
- Support the execution of program orientation for new students and their families.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Related experience in customer service, operations or direct work with youth
- Experience working with small to medium databases (Excel)
- Experience working with middle school or high school youth (highly preferred)
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/English (highly preferred)
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication (in-person, phone, email)
- Adaptable, particularly in fast-paced environments with shifting priorities
- Data-driven and results-oriented, with an unquestionable commitment to high quality work
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently towards programmatic goals when needed
- Work will require travel throughout all five boroughs of New York City
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required, dependent on program needs
Please email your application to ScholarsStaffing@seo-usa.org using the following conventions:
- Subject: Recruiter – First Name Last Name
- Body of Email: Include name and contact information
- Attach: Cover letter and resume saved as First Name Last Name_cover letter & First Name Last Name_resume
Minimum Education Required