Full Time Contract
Beaver Country Day School in Chestnut Hill, MA seeks a Controller to begin work on June 1, 2018. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the accounting functions of the Business Office and work with other staff members to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Support the CFO in various areas, including the preparation of financial analyses for the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees
- Responsible for student billing and collections, in conjunction with service provider SmartTuition
- Work closely with Admission Department on enrollment and financial aid accounting
- Monitor and report on budgets of internal school departments
- Manage cash and credit card accounting; gifts and investment accounting; accounts payable and bank reconciliations; and perform monthly journal entries.
- Prepare audit schedules and support the annual audits.
- Other tasks and projects in the business office as assigned by the CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Managerial experience in a finance/accounting setting
- Familiarity with not-for-profit accounting, ideally in a school or college
- Strong analytical & computation skills and high proficiency with technology, including Excel, Word, and accounting software, preferably Blackbaud Financial Edge.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of members of the community, including teachers, administrators, parents and students
- Commitment to the institution’s needs; willingness to help at all levels to get the job done
- Must enjoy working in a youth-centered academic environment
- Flexibility and sense of humor
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Joanne McDaniel, Associate Director of Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Controller in the subject line.