Full Time Temporary
Details: $7,500, plus on site housing at VAP
215 Upper Main Street
We are seeking a positive, self-starting, organized, intelligent and hard-working employee to join our small and passionate team in running Vineyard Arts Project. Experience with operations/company management, marketing/social media, and development is required. Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, media editing skills a plus. This individual will represent VAP with artists, renters, and audiences throughout the summer and as such should be artistically informed and comfortable speaking publicly.
Duties will include:
- Tracking office-related expenditures, managing petty cash, and banking deposits and withdrawals.
- Maintaining Vineyard Arts Project communications and donor relationship management databases.
- Writing draft copy for e-mail announcements, web calendar listings, and other web content. Maintaining and updating Vineyard Arts Project website as needed.
- Maintaining Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts; posting updates on behalf of Vineyard Arts Project.
- Creating programs and marketing collateral in support of Vineyard Arts Project workshop performances.
- Managing merchandise and guest check-in at events and public-performances.
- Coordinating rehearsal room and event set-ups, including furniture configuration, ordering food and supplies, set-up and breakdown for both artistic residencies, wellness retreats, and weekly onsite yoga.
- Coordination of annual Art4Art 4th of July fundraiser and support for online CharityBuzz Auction.
- Answering phones, addressing inquiries, and relaying messages to staff in a timely manner. Managing incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries.
- Ensuring office is organized, stocked, and free of clutter; ordering, stocking, and distributing office supplies.
- Assisting with other related duties such as coordinating artist transportation, photocopying, printing, collating, running errands (driving required).
- Delegating responsibilities to interns in support of the above duties.
More About the Position
Position scheduled to last May-September 2018. Valid driver’s license and driving experience required. Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, capable of managing multiple projects at once. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a positive demeanor. The position requires interacting with staff, artists, donors, performance guests, vendors, and other external contacts.
About Vineyard Arts Project: Vineyard Arts Project is a performing arts residency and wellness retreat space on Martha's Vineyard that furthers the creation of innovative new work in dance and theatre, provides an unparalleled nurturing environment for artists, and reaches a wide audience with “pay what you can” admission prices to all readings and performances. More information about Vineyard Arts Project can be found at: vineyardartsproject.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by April 5, 2018.